The Legend of Korra Book Three Discussion

I can't wait for this season! Last season had such an emotional pull. I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more, and I cried even more. So crazy!!! People make fun of me for "watching cartoons" but every person that decided to give the Aang series a try, LOVED IT and couldn't get enough. Korra's first book was "meh" but definitely dominated the 2nd book.

ooh a topic I can actually get into ;)

I HAVE MISSED MY BOY, BOLIN! and Asami was a total bada** in that fight scene<3
I am sad there is no episode tomorrow, though we got 3 back to back last week and it makes sense since it is the holiday but still.

the new benders are crazy powerful!
Korra and mako are still annoying as frick

Yup, I knew this already. Discussed it at KH-Vids.

Honestly, I'm mad at Nickelodeon, but at the same time, as long as it'll be available online, I don't really care, either. Plus, it's only for the remainder of book three. I'm sure the show will be back on TV for book four.

LoK will not be returning to the on air portion of the channel for the remainder of book 3 and for book four. Nickelodeon had struggled to find a place for it and the numbers for on air viewing were low, while digital were much, much higher.

Nickelodeon making bad choices...what's new? They could have really gotten a bigger following for this if they would have kept the original series on Netflix....but they wanted more money. Didn't bother me any, I loved it so much I bought the DVD set :P But for new viewers, they shot themselves in the foot by removing it.

Nickelodeon making bad choices...what's new? They could have really gotten a bigger following for this if they would have kept the original series on Netflix....but they wanted more money. Didn't bother me any, I loved it so much I bought the DVD set :p But for new viewers, they shot themselves in the foot by removing it.

If we count the sheer number of people watching (not ratings, just watching) online versus on-air, it sounds like the online was crushing the on-air content. It sounds logical to put it on there.

I think it is sucky simply because that Mexican station leaked like 4-6 episodes, forcing Nick to have to air the series way earlier than was planned.

But the thing is....Season 2 didn't do too great.
Why?

LOok at Season 1 vs Season 2...
Season 1 was exceptional and great. The writing was nearly perfect, great development, fight scenes and twists. But the most important thing was the TIMING.

Saturday Mornings.

Season 2 did make quite a few issues with writing(too much focus on the love triangle and Korra became annoyingly aggressive) but the big issue was the fact that Korra was moved to Friday Nights.

Most Teens and young adults like myself are not going to be home at 7-8 PM to watch Korra.
Especially during the summer time, kids are likely hanging out with friends, sleepovers, etc etc doing whatever.

This is why most stations don't have too much showing on Fridays because Series usually don't do well on Fridays for the most part.

Nick moved LOK to Friday and effectively killed it(Imo) and instead of moving it BACK to Saturday or at the very least an earlier time Friday, they keep it the same place and with the rush to get the show back on the air after the leak of the episodes, it pretty much killed the momentum of the show.

That said I am glad it is not cancelled and I am glad i can watch the remaining 5 or so, back to back.
But i am glad simply because I have no reason to watch Nickelodeon anymore besides Korra.

That said I am glad it is not cancelled and I am glad i can watch the remaining 5 or so, back to back.
But i am glad simply because I have no reason to watch Nickelodeon anymore besides Korra.

Despite their mistakes, I personally still like the channel and watch it for many things, such as The Fairly OddParents and The Thundermans.

Despite their mistakes, I personally still like the channel and watch it for many things, such as The Fairly OddParents and The Thundermans.
The thundermans is okay(I dont follow it regualrly but my little brother watches it)
and I used to love Victorious before it was cancelled :P

(I also watch Degrassi on Teen nick having watched the show since i was like 7, i grew up on it haha)

I am still annoyed at CN though and wish they could've made Young Justice digital like Nick did with Korra :P

Oh, I love Degrassi. Tomorrow's the season finale of the current season.
I havent been keeping up with it too much since the Zig plot...But since i dont have much to do tomorrow besides read, write and work on Admin work, I may catch up on the episodes of my DVR

(I can't wait to see the Plot with Zoey and its conclusion)

1st season was better. I wish they didn't kill off Amon or give away his origins. He should've been the entire series main villain. He was the only villain I was excited to see or anticipate out of the entire series, Aang's series included.

1st season was better. I wish they didn't kill off Amon or give away his origins. He should've been the entire series main villain. He was the only villain I was excited to see or anticipate out of the entire series, Aang's series included.
I agree with this. I love the idea behind amon. Equalist! With their tools and guns. Somehow reminds me of those Anonymouse people.

Top Bottom