The Legend of Korra Book II Premieres on September 13!

I'm a HUGE fan of the original Avatar: The Last Airbender...

But I thought The Legend of Korra was a terrible series. It had great art and animation yes, but the writing was poor and the character development wasn't interesting. The series relied entirely on "hey, you loved The Last Airbender, so you should love this too!". To the point that unless a character was directly related to a character in the previous series, you really didn't care about them.

And not to mention, the end of the first season made me want to break my TV. What Lin did to save the airbenders was an extremely powerful moment, what a lot of characters did was the same. But allowing Korra to go all deus-ex-machina on the series and just "reset" the seals, retroactively made their actions inconsequential and less moving.

I'm a HUGE fan of the original Avatar: The Last Airbender...

But I thought The Legend of Korra was a terrible series. It had great art and animation yes, but the writing was poor and the character development wasn't interesting. The series relied entirely on "hey, you loved The Last Airbender, so you should love this too!". To the point that unless a character was directly related to a character in the previous series, you really didn't care about them.

And not to mention, the end of the first season made me want to break my TV. What Lin did to save the airbenders was an extremely powerful moment, what a lot of characters did was the same. But allowing Korra to go all deus-ex-machina on the series and just "reset" the seals, retroactively made their actions inconsequential and less moving.

Book II is supposed to be better.

I don't hate Book I, but I heard the reason why a lot of people didn't like it is because it was sort of rush-jobbed.

Top Bottom