Enhanced Search 1.1.6
ElasticSearch v5.0.0

I then rebuilt the index.

When I go to this link:

Code:
http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/members/1/recent-content

I get the following error:

Code:
XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch error: {"root_cause":[{"type":"parsing_exception","reason":"The field [fields] is no longer supported, please use [stored_fields] to retrieve stored fields or _source filtering if the field is not stored","line":1,"col":46}],"type":"parsing_exception","reason":"The field [fields] is no longer supported, please use [stored_fields] to retrieve stored fields or _source filtering if the field is not stored","line":1,"col":46} - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:996
Generated By: Andy, 3 minutes ago

#0 /home/southbay/www/forums/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(670): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logSearchResponseError(Object(stdClass), true)
#1 /home/southbay/www/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php(694): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->executeSearchByUserId(1, 0, 15)
#2 /home/southbay/www/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionRecentContent()
#3 /home/southbay/www/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/southbay/www/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(61) "http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/members/1/recent-content"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hi Mike,

You wrote:

That fix should work if you know you're running Elasticsearch 5 (which is the only version that needs it).

The full fix is a bit more complex. As of this message, it has been incorporated into the XFES 1.1.6 download, so you only need to take action if you explicitly get an error here. You can either use the workaround above or replace library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php with the version from a newly downloaded XFES 1.1.6 version.

This is not clear to me. Yesterday I installed XFES 1.1.6, yet I get the error described in post #1 this morning.

The fix was included in the release as of that message. If you downloaded it beforehand, you should either apply the workaround I recommended or redownload the package (and replace the files).

I re-downloaded Enhanced Search 1.1.6 to get the latest version and installed that. Now it works perfect.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom