The default colors on this board are awful

Josh111

I don't want to say it's the worst color scheme possible, because it might be possible to come up with something even uglier, at least in theory. But blue text on a light blue background with pastel orange highlights is really horrible looking. See the Apple Dev forum for a really nice color scheme with XenForo.

I'm just being honest. The visual design is the best I have ever seen of any forum, but the default colors probably turn off a lot of people.

I thought so at first to but the style grew on me pretty quick.. The problem with styles/colors is we all have our own idea of what is good or bad.. maybe ive just gotten used to it but i dont think its as bad as "horrible" Fortunately its super easy to style and adjust to your own taste on your own forum. I know probably not the point of your post but figured id toss that in there anyway.

The nice part is how easy it is to change that color scheme if you so choose (though I realize you're referring to how you think this site's scheme turns off customers)--it literally can be done in mere minutes. :)

I don't want to say it's the worst color scheme possible, because it might be possible to come up with something even uglier, at least in theory. But blue text on a light blue background with pastel orange highlights is really horrible looking. See the Apple Dev forum for a really nice color scheme with XenForo.

I'm just being honest. The visual design is the best I have ever seen of any forum, but the default colors probably turn off a lot of people.

uumm, nice to meet you too.
rolleyes.gif

I don't think the apple dev forum is running on XenForo.

I would like to give the opposite opinion.

I think the default colors here are amazing. I dont want to even change to a custom theme. Im using it as is on my site.

Goes to show you everyone has different tastes. Not sure why you'd want to post that you hate it. Kind of negative attitude no?

I hate tomatos, you probably love them. But you wont see me going on tomoatos.com and make a post about it.

I thought so at first to but the style grew on me pretty quick..
Happened to me as well.

but the default colors probably turn off a lot of people.
No, it doesn't. I know a lot of people that loves the default style at first look. I almost did not change it, after I've installed XenForo, lol. ( but I wanted something different )

But, everyone has their own opinions. @Josh, if you don't like it, then once you purchase an XenForo license, you're free to change the theme to something that you like.

Well you can always CHANGE the colors. I don't mind them, but I know I will be trying to customize the style as much as I can....

So if you hate the colors no worries. Change them to what you like... that's the great thing about it :D

Top Bottom