The cost of the forum is one-off?

urivil

There is something that I did not find clear.
If I buy a forum license, is the one-time payment a lifetime, or is there a period-based payment that needs to be paid to renew the license?

The current prices are listed on the purchase page. Once purchased, a license can be used indefinitely for no additional cost; it is not necessary to renew it annually.
Included with the initial purchase are 12 months of support and updates. After that time, you can continue to use the license but in order to download newer versions and benefit from ticket support, a 1 year extension would have to be purchased. Extension cost depends on whether any official add-ons are attached to the license - the current costs are listed here.

The current prices are listed on the purchase page. Once purchased, a license can be used indefinitely for no additional cost; it is not necessary to renew it annually.
Included with the initial purchase are 12 months of support and updates. After that time, you can continue to use the license but in order to download newer versions and benefit from ticket support, a 1 year extension would have to be purchased. Extension cost depends on whether any official add-ons are attached to the license - the current costs are listed here.
thank you for the answer

So what's the point, that sometimes I see posts here that people write about that have XenForo that haven't been active for a long time and they want to renew it...

It's worth noting that if you have addons, they may not support older versions - so that in itself is an incentive to renew. The1 year renewal fee is lower than the original licence purchse fee.

I may be wrong but i think if you don't renew and keep an old version, then there may be security updates that are offered without the renewal. But I doubt this would apply to the major relaeses like xf1 to xf2. Maybe someone with more knowledge can carify that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom