Lack of interest The Best Top

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

tonmo

About floating elements, I believe it was @Brogan who put it best: "kill it with fire" :D

The following suggestion isn't endorsed by anyone in particular, but I've been using it on my site for years and it's just great, for both desktop and mobile. Everybody loves it / I use it constantly, to pop back to the top of the page vs. scrolling... much less movement involved; way more efficient for catching up on replies to threads across your forum.

It just adds a simple "Top" to the lower-right of the post or conversation message, like so:

top.webp

And here's what is done to have it implemented:

2 Templates to edit: "post" and "conversation_message":

Code:
</xen:if>

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation" onclick="self.scrollTo(0, 0); return false;">{xen:phrase top}</a>

</xen:hook>

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
in xf 2.2, the one line above goes into post_macros... I imagine there may be a better way, but it seems to work:

Code:
        <a href="{$quoteLink}"
                    class="actionBar-action actionBar-action--reply"
                    title="{{ phrase('reply_quoting_this_message')|for_attr }}"
                    data-xf-click="quote"
                    data-quote-href="{{ link('posts/quote', $post) }}">{{ phrase('reply') }}</a>
            </xf:if>
            <! THIS IS WHERE IT GOES>   
        </xf:contentcheck>
This is it:

Code:
<a href="{$top}"
                                &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation" onclick="self.scrollTo(0, 0); return false;">&#8673;&nbsp;Top</a>

There are at least two free addons which do this.

Also, some custom themes, like @PixelExit, do this with optional rght side floating up and/or down arrows.

Top Bottom