The best thing about Off Topic is ...

CTXMedia

... being able to relax and talk to like-minded forum Admins.

People who understand the complexities and politics of maintaining a forum, and who treat each other as equals (instead of with missguided reverence or unwarranted hatred).

It's a place where you can speak freely and not worry about double and triple-checking the context of what you're posting in case you upset one branch or another of your membership.

A haven from the hustle and bustle of keeping the peace on our own sites, a little Administrator's oasis ...

Ahhhhhh ....
cool.png
<-- that's the nearest I can get to a Chillaxin' smiley ...
biggrin.png

What do you like about Off Topic?

The great thing about off-topic is it allows my intellect to shine. Create an intelligent discussion on "what matters" on the hour, every hour. Okay.. maybe not every hour but every other hour. Like the news, we'll be here to report it first..... exclusively to xenforo. What's this thread about again?
confused.png

The Food Thread.

So far I have been inspired to make several meals from what others have posted, and have enjoyed some intelligent discussions.

The music thread.

Fun to find new music I like, and to find out who has similar musical tastes to mine.

Off Topic can be great fun. It can be interesting to interact with a bunch of other Admins.

The last place I was at I rarely posted on the Chat forums, as frankly they were boring as bat pooop, full of people spamming the heck out of the board, or misplaced tech questions.

I do hope xenforo Off Topic doesn't ever end up the same way.

The last place I was at I rarely posted on the Chat forums, as frankly they were boring as bat pooop, full of people spamming the heck out of the board, or misplaced tech questions.

I do hope xenforo Off Topic doesn't ever end up the same way.
nawww our wonderful mods won't let that happen, I'm sure.

I love off-topic. You can talk about almost anything under the sun and, as long as the thread is kept decent, not have to worry about it being closed and/or deleted.

Hey! Bat poop would make a good topic for discussion............. :confused:

residing Xenforo trolls can ***** about the content here and get the forum censored

in other words, don't bother wasting time posting your thoughts in this forum, it has had a wanna be mod problem from day one.....

residing Xenforo trolls can ***** about the content here and get the forum censored

in other words, don't bother wasting time to post your thoughts in this forum, it has had a wanna be mod problem from day one.....

What's got yer knickers in a wad today Anthony?

... "wanna be mod" problem from day one.....

Anthony, you keep posting this about wannabe mods, where is it coming from? Personally, I'm not seeing it - for me it's just a bunch of forum owners shooting the breeze.

We have our own opinions and we disagree about stuff too - strongly sometimes - but I don't see people trying to moderate others. In fact, considering all the power we have on our own forums (as Admins), we're a pretty powerless bunch in terms of dictating how this forum is managed.

Is there something in particular that has got your goat?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

What's got yer knickers in a wad today Anthony?

Clearly a lack of cricket talk. Sorry Anthony no games on till the 26th :) New Zealand v Pakistan in an attempt to further our longest losing streak, and Australia v England in what promises to be another intriguing test match.

On topic, another venue for my poor spelling and increasingly erratic command of the language :)

Top Bottom