The Best Suggestion of All (What can I use?)

Edwin

Could you go ahead and release this thing? I'm getting a little antsy. I need this program now and I may have to go with another Bulletin Board if it's not out soon. A more specific time table would be greatly appreciated.

Do we really want a repeat of what happened last time?

The best thing about xenForo is we can learn from mistakes already made by other forum companies.

I agree, but I think it's already better than all the rest. Let's release it and if there are any extras or add-ons that are needed, just add them later.

Could you go ahead and release this thing? I'm getting a little antsy. I need this program now and I may have to go with another Bulletin Board if it's not out soon. A more specific time table would be greatly appreciated.

I must have missed the announcement that says we're now being catered to as individuals. :cool: While you're at it, could you guys also send me some cash? I really need it, and may not be able to survive after this month if you don't give me some money. Any amount would be appreciated, really.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but XenForo is still very much in its infancy and asking for it to be released sooner isn't going to make it happen. It will be released when it's ready. I have faith in Kier and Mike, and I have absolutely no doubt that they will choose the right time, all things considered, for it to be made publicly available.

Uh, how about being catered to as a group of consumers. I assume that is the bottom-line isn't it? Satisfying your customers and that sort of thing? Or is it all about the hype?

Uh, how about being catered to as a group of consumers. I assume that is the bottom-line isn't it? Satisfying your customers and that sort of thing? Or is it all about the hype?
Although you may benefit by acquiring XenForo today, the group (i.e. everybody as a whole) benefits by waiting for it to be released in due time. I'm sure the reasons are obvious enough that I don't have to point them out.

I think there are others that think like I do. I also think that it would be an act of good will to give the buying public a more precise time as to the likely release date. "The end of summer" is a bit vague. I'd like to make a decision as to what product I will go with based on a relatively reasonable time line.

I think there are others that think like I do. I also think that it would be an act of good will to give the buying public a more precise time as to the likely release date. "The end of summer" is a bit vague. I'd like to make a decision as to what product I will go with based on a relatively reasonable time line.
But if they give a more precise time and miss it, people will get all in a flustered over it. Given the software isn't even Alpha 2 yet, nailing down a more specific time just isn't possible and there is still quite a bit of things to do if you spend any time looking around.

The end of summer is perfectly reasonable given the circumstances.

People will get "flustered?" I'm flustered now. And anyway, maybe you should let one of the developers answer that question instead of one its "yes men."

As I've seen posted by Mike and/or Kier in other threads... it will be "released when ready". The forum is not even at alpha 2 yet. I'd imagine releasing it at this point would do more harm than good.

People will get "flustered?" I'm flustered now. And anyway, maybe you should let one of the developers answer that question instead of one its "yes men."
The developers already answered it and if you took the time to searched you would of found it. Since you didn't the member simply told you what the developer said. By the end of the summer we will expect to see a release candidate. Take care buddy.

I assume by that statement, you don't know how software development goes?

They gave a general statement not too long ago, and there's not much more than a month to go before summer ends. It's known they're a bit swamped with activity going on, and when they have info to share they will. :)

Top Bottom