The Bent Bike

TPerry

Well, I started the site out on IPS 4.x series (long story on why and won't go into details) but the script never "fit" for the site.
So, since one of my other sites doesn't get any traffic (the Linux one) I decided to do something new with that license. The Bent Bike forum was moved from IPS 4.1 to XenForo. Since there are no converters, all posts were lost (except for mine, which I manually copied over).

Without further ado, I bring you The Bent Bike Forum, a site for recumbent bike/trike riders.
The style is still being worked on - I was in a hurry to get off of IPS before I wasted much more time & effort on something that was not working out and got the basics done on the site - so be gentle.
The base of the style is Audentio's fantastic UI.X. We are using Bob's Showcase (which is being turned into more of a resource center) and his AMS add-on and Jeremy's Event's add-on. I will also be bringing Snogs Raffles add-on from my other site (where it doesn't get used) to this one, along with Audentio's credits/shop add on.

Screen-Shot-2015-11-20-at-8.17.27-AM.webp

Well, I WAS able to get the posts & users (and most of the standard import stuff) from my old IPS 4.1 site over to the new XenForo site. So my members and messages are back to what they were on IPS 4. :D
There were a few little bugs on the conversion process - but those will be worked out I'm sure for anyone else that uses the ability in the future.

I like the layout (boxes) and the logo, especially the logo, it's unique and looks impressive

Just a suggestion, you can need to change the color for your site.

I like the layout (boxes) and the logo, especially the logo, it's unique and looks impressive
Logo was courtesy of @Lisa. Lot of the rest is the UI.X framework

Just a suggestion, you can need to change the color for your site.
Earth tones are what it's targeted at - to blend with the background. Not a real big fan of the white (or off-white) backgrounds that are prevalent and am working on something to be "different". And earth tones fit with the context of the niche. Also absolutely HATE dark based themes/styles.
Thanks for the feedback.

welcome back to the light side :cool:
It's nice to be able to work with something that is easy to figure out. For all it's talk about how "simple" IPS is - it's actually TO simplistic for me. I demand more control. I guess it's fine for those point & click admins.

Top Bottom