The Animus Project - An Assassin's Creed Forum

0xym0r0n

The Animus Project is an Assassin's Creed Forum that @Sheldon approached me about. Together I hope that he and I can make one of the most outstanding Assassin's Creed Forums experiences that a gamer could participate on.

With the release of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, at the end of this month, we're going to try our best to hustle and get those members in! I see it being a slight challenge since the multiplayer aspect of AC is somewhat new and unfamiliar to many gamers. Single player discussions will be natural but in the long run they may not bring in the sort of activity we'd like on a forum. SO my job is to find an in between and hopefully raise activity as well as maintain a flow.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on the site so far.
Feel free to sign-up and post if you're a fan, we'd love the support.

Things are still in progress but I felt it was time to post this thread up!​

View attachment 59630
www.TheAnimusProject.com​

The Animus Project is an Assassin's Creed Forum that @Sheldon approached me about. Together I hope that he and I can make one of the most outstanding Assassin's Creed Forums experiences that a gamer could participate on.

With the release of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, at the end of this month, we're going to try our best to hustle and get those members in! I see it being a slight challenge since the multiplayer aspect of AC is somewhat new and unfamiliar to many gamers. Single player discussions will be natural but in the long run they may not bring in the sort of activity we'd like on a forum. SO my job is to find an in between and hopefully raise activity as well as maintain a flow.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on the site so far.
Feel free to sign-up and post if you're a fan, we'd love the support.

Things are still in progress but I felt it was time to post this thread up!​

Very nice Indeed. Not too keen on the box-shadow on the following but I do understand that some definition was needed around the nodes. Not much to say other than it's looking exceptional and to a point unique. :bigthumbsup:
Code:
.node_ID .nodeInfo.forumNodeInfo.primaryContent {

box-shadow: 0 0 4px 0.3px #000000 inset;
}

I've literally been trying to do EXACTLY what you guys did with the forum home! I love the look!

I was trying to figure out how you had so many users, but then I noticed a previous forum's database was being used. Regardless, wishing you guys tons of luck!

Last edited:
I am assuming it's a work in progress.

I love the forum home setup. Not too keen on the white background for a gaming site.

I love the floating menu. However not so much the expansion of the green login bar color. It gave me a headache scrolling through the site. To much of a sudden contrast distracting me from what I was looking at when I scrolled.

The topical panels are awesome. Hopefully you are going to make the targeted forums match?

Anyway, It's a good start and I'm sure it will be an excellent finish. Looks like it will be unique.

I am assuming it's a work in progress.

I love the forum home setup. Not too keen on the white background for a gaming site.

I love the floating menu. However not so much the expansion of the green login bar color. It gave me a headache scrolling through the site. To much of a sudden contrast distracting me from what I was looking at when I scrolled.

The topical panels are awesome. Hopefully you are going to make the targeted forums match?

Anyway, It's a good start and I'm sure it will be an excellent finish. Looks like it will be unique.

Only been at it about 5 hours... just long enough to do the forum area itself really. It is definitely still a W.I.P., no denying that. Still have a ton of plans for this that I haven't even touched or started on. Thanks for input, I rarely think about the login bar. That will definitely have to change.

Loving the customisations you've made to UI.X.

I have to say, @Audentio has done some amazing work with this Framework / Style. Not only is is flexible, is is highly customizable. I have yet to run across an issue at all with this style. This is one of the styles I would highly suggest to anyone looking to customize their site at an affordable price, and not head down the custom theme path. The best thing about this framework/theme, it isn't "heavy", like some of the others I have used. Probably not the best description, but others I get a sense of bulkiness.

Either way, this is seriously a great base to work with.

Looks great guys! An excellent example of UI.X. Lets you guys, the community owners, have the freedom to make the skin look how you want it to look.

UI.X Dark will be out shortly! That might look great too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom