[TH] User Improvements [Deleted]

I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I've just upgraded from v1.2.4 to v1.3.0 PL4..

I had to go and save the category phrases for them to show correctly (shown as trophy_category.nerdface_posts prior to saving for example), and then revert the duplicates. This was reported as early as v1.3.0?

A "You've earned 1 out of 1 trophies in this category" issue has also not been fixed from v1.2.4 - it feels like you've tried to overcomplicate this, given that you already have working code available from the most recently earned trophy within a category (X/Y)?

I simply used it and changed this:
Code:
                    'earned': {$trophiesEarned.{$categoryId}},
                    'total': count({$trophies.{$categoryId}})
To this:
Code:
                    'earned': {$trophy.level},
                    'total': $trophy.max_level
Seems to work like a charm?

I know this is an add-on which you've kindly continued to provide at no cost and have supported with further updates, but it still carries your [TH] brand and should represent a quality that you provide to potential customers for your other premium add-ons.

Just my two penneth.. Apologies if you feel I'm being out of line, but I'm speaking as a TH customer.

All being said, I love the addition of the progress bar and these issues are fairly small in the grand scheme of things.. I'm just a perfectionist :)

Last edited:
I had to go and save the category phrases for them to show correctly (shown as trophy_category.nerdface_posts prior to saving for example), and then revert the duplicates. This was reported as early as v1.3.0?

And we've attempted to compensate XenForo not being able to handle this correctly by adjusting the code. Works in most instances, just not in all. We've also provided a manual workaround instruction as early as v1.3.0.

A "You've earned 1 out of 1 trophies in this category" issue has also not been fixed from v1.2.4 - it feels like you've tried to overcomplicate this, given that you already have working code available from the most recently earned trophy within a category (X/Y)?

I simply used it and changed this:
Code:
                    'earned': {$trophiesEarned.{$categoryId}},
                    'total': count({$trophies.{$categoryId}})
To this:
Code:
                    'earned': {$trophy.level},
                    'total': $trophy.max_level
Seems to work like a charm?

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this code. It may work if all trophies are successors of one another, but that's not valid for all categories.

I know this is an add-on which you've kindly continued to provide at no cost and have supported with further updates, but it still carries your [TH] brand and should represent a quality that you provide to potential customers for your other premium add-ons.

With all due respect, I personally think that this add-on provides enough working functionality and quality to justify our brand. I agree that the phrase update is a minor inconvenience, but given the size and complexity of this add-on and our recent update frequency, claiming that this would heavily damage the quality of this add-on is more than just far-fetched.

Generally tending to bugs reported in a thread is always difficult. No doubt most of you can see how fast threads of major add-ons are moving. If you want to help us out and see your issues fixed timely and reliably, report them to our github repository. That helps us as much as you.

Unable to set any Predecessor

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Unknown relation Predecessor src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:457
Generated by: xxx Apr 24, 2019 at 11:10 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/XF/Entity/Trophy.php(63): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->hydrateRelation('Predecessor', Object(ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\XF\Entity\Trophy))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1208): ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\XF\Entity\Trophy->_postSave()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php(69): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php(187): XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}(Object(XF\Mvc\FormAction))
#4 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Trophy.php(97): XF\Mvc\FormAction->run()
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Admin\Controller\Trophy->actionSave(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Trophy', 'Save', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\XF\Admin\Controller\Trophy), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\XF\Admin\Controller\Trophy), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#9 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#11 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#12 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(26) "/admin.php?trophies/2/save"
  ["referrer"] => string(55) "xxx/admin.php?trophies/2/edit"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["trophies/2/save"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(13) {
    ["title"] => string(13) "100 Post Mark"
    ["trophy_points"] => string(1) "5"
    ["th_predecessor"] => string(1) "1"
    ["th_trophy_category_id"] => string(7) "posting"
    ["th_icon_type"] => string(2) "fa"
    ["th_icon_fa"] => string(19) "far fa-comment-dots"
    ["th_icon_css"] => string(0) ""
    ["description"] => string(43) "100 messages posted. You must like it here!"
    ["user_criteria"] => array(1) {
      ["messages_posted"] => array(2) {
        ["rule"] => string(15) "messages_posted"
        ["data"] => array(1) {
          ["messages"] => string(3) "100"
        }
      }
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(26) "/admin.php?trophies/2/edit"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

For users with a limited number of trophies in their showcase, how can they select which trophies appear?
Also, it seems like trophy image CSS doesn't apply on the trophy help page.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined variable: error src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Trophy.php:160
Generated by: xxx Apr 24, 2019 at 5:04 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Trophy.php(160): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/xxx/xxx/...', 160, Array)
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Trophy.php(38): ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\Trophy->assertViewableTrophy('65')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\Trophy->actionView(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('ThemeHouse\\User...', 'View', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\Trophy), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\Trophy), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

@dethfire I've logged the first error to our issue tracker and fixed the second one for the next update.

For users with a limited number of trophies in their showcase, how can they select which trophies appear?
You should be able to click the trophy showcase to make your selection.

Also, it seems like trophy image CSS doesn't apply on the trophy help page.
I've forwarded this to our issue tracker.

Please could you offer any further details on "supported criteria"? :)
Currently reaction score and message count.

Since Update to XF 2.1.2 we get this error... happens when user trying to open the "about me" tab in profile. It does not load...

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/Pub/TemplaterTemplatePreRender.php:37
Generated by: xxxx May 2, 2019 at 12:44 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/Pub/TemplaterTemplatePreRender.php(37): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Inv...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 37, Array)
#1 [internal function]: ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\Pub\TemplaterTemplatePreRender::memberAbout(Object(xenMade\LD\XF\Template\Templater), 'public', 'member_about', Array)
#2 src/XF/Extension.php(50): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/App.php(2647): XF\Extension->fire('templater_templ...', Array, 'public:member_a...')
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1283): XF\App->fire('templater_templ...', Array, 'public:member_a...')
#5 src/addons/AL/ResourceFilter/XF/Template/Templater.php(87): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('member_about', Array, true)
#6 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): AL\ResourceFilter\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:member_a...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(84): XF\Template\Template->render()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(68): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderHtmlFallback('XF:Member\\About', 'public:member_a...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('XF:Member\\About', 'public:member_a...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(158) "/mitglieder/xxx/about?_xfRequestUri=%2Fmitglieder%2Fnwo14.40%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1556750663%2C1b703b8544cb9f1649cd2256dff2795d&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["referrer"] => string(49) "https://www.xyz.com/mitglieder/xxxx/"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(21) "/mitglieder/xxxx/"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1556750663,1b703b8544cb9f1649cd2256dff2795d"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Had to disable your addon unfortunately.

Since Update to XF 2.1.2 we get this error... happens when user trying to open the "about me" tab in profile. It does not load...

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/Pub/TemplaterTemplatePreRender.php:37
Generated by: xxxx May 2, 2019 at 12:44 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/Pub/TemplaterTemplatePreRender.php(37): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Inv...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 37, Array)
#1 [internal function]: ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\Pub\TemplaterTemplatePreRender::memberAbout(Object(xenMade\LD\XF\Template\Templater), 'public', 'member_about', Array)
#2 src/XF/Extension.php(50): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/App.php(2647): XF\Extension->fire('templater_templ...', Array, 'public:member_a...')
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1283): XF\App->fire('templater_templ...', Array, 'public:member_a...')
#5 src/addons/AL/ResourceFilter/XF/Template/Templater.php(87): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('member_about', Array, true)
#6 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): AL\ResourceFilter\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:member_a...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(84): XF\Template\Template->render()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(68): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderHtmlFallback('XF:Member\\About', 'public:member_a...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('XF:Member\\About', 'public:member_a...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(158) "/mitglieder/xxx/about?_xfRequestUri=%2Fmitglieder%2Fnwo14.40%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1556750663%2C1b703b8544cb9f1649cd2256dff2795d&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["referrer"] => string(49) "https://www.xyz.com/mitglieder/xxxx/"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(21) "/mitglieder/xxxx/"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1556750663,1b703b8544cb9f1649cd2256dff2795d"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Had to disable your addon unfortunately.

1. Same. Hoping for a quick fix.

2. I have trophies disabled. Including disabling every trophy option in the addon's options page. Yet the trophy data "th-trophyProgressContainer" is still displayed in the members statistics page upon clicking on specific statistics like "Most Messages".

Last edited:
What is the criteria for Next level progress bar when we have 4 or 5 trophy categories, or can we display more then one progress bar at a time?
:unsure:

The styling does not work:
You're editing the wrong style properties. The level progress widget is managed under Style Properties > User Title Ladder > Progress bar.

What is the criteria for Next level progress bar when we have 4 or 5 trophy categories, or can we display more then one progress bar at a time?
:unsure:
There is only one User title ladder (ACP > Users > User customization > User title ladder).

Hi, Pardon me if this is already asked here, How can we change the icon which indicates you earned this trophy?
You can change the icon through CSS, but there's no built-in way to change the icon.

Publishing a fix in a bit.

Top Bottom