[TH] UI.X Pro [Deleted]

Can you use UI.X with XPress? Absolutely they pair quite well. I dont think you need to uninstall anything. XPress has a Wordpress theme, but not a XenForo one. And the XPress WP theme simply just pulls values from your default XenForo theme (whatever that is) so you can choose UI.X 2 or any theme of your choice on XenForo.

As mentioned above, but just for clarity, XPress isn't so much a theme as it is just pulling XF details onto WordPress. You want XPress theme enabled on WordPress Appearance > Themes and you would want UI.X 2 as your default theme on XenForo.

let me know if that helps.
Ok I get you now. . but the issue I'm having right now is where to upload the UI.X 2 file? The folder itself has multiple folders inside, which one of the them am I gonna upload?

And I suppose I'm uploading it to src/addons right?

Last edited:
Ok I get you now. . but the issue I'm having right now is where to upload the UI.X 2 file? The folder itself has multiple folders inside, which one of the them am I gonna upload?

And I suppose I'm uploading it to src/addons right?
I'm on mobile but check resource or thread or readme and you'll find documentation link. There is a guide on installation. That said, installation is free so in your ticket we can install it for you.

I'm on mobile but check resource or thread or readme and you'll find documentation link. There is a guide on installation. That said, installation is free so in your ticket we can install it for you.
I created a ticket longtime ago, but no response yet from you guys.. so I successfully installed the files but when I go to the Themehouse styles navigation to install the style, I got this error

"The PHP zip extension has not been installed and is required for this functionality to work. Please contact your host to get this issue resolved as this is not something we're able to fix from the add-on."
What's the going on?

I created a ticket longtime ago, but no response yet from you guys.. so I successfully installed the files but when I go to the Themehouse styles navigation to install the style, I got this error

"The PHP zip extension has not been installed and is required for this functionality to work. Please contact your host to get this issue resolved as this is not something we're able to fix from the add-on."
What's the going on?
Go ahead and send me your ticket number in a private conversation so we can get you up and going! Also the error your experiencing would need to be reported to your web host as they will know what it means and will get the extension installed for you! After that is installed you should have no problems with installing the style with the UI.X 2 add-on ;)

UI.X PRO appears great in many ways.
I'm therefore considering whether it's appropriate to solve a basic problem in my forum:

Imagine a forum with the official media gallery addon about pets where there are several main topics: cats, dogs, rodents, birds, fish and a section about medicine.

Now it is the case that cat lovers really don't want to read anything about dogs, bird owners don't want to read anything about cats, but some users want maybe info about birds and fish. And cat lovers want to read threads about medicine for cats and general medicine, but nothing about medicine for rodents. In a normal forum and a gallery you can visit the corresponding nodes/categories. But in the new threads section or generally on a "click"/filter it is not possible to display only such threads and images for an user, who only wants to see eg. everything about cats.

Is "Topics" suitable for this filtering? I would like to have forum nodes as before, which are also similarly structured as the 6 Topics. But by selecting a topic (e.g. cats), only cat threads and threads about cat medicine (two topics: cats and medicine) and general medicine (only medicine) should be displayed.

And I didn't find it anywhere, but Topics applies only to threads? It would be very important (to me) to filter the images (or categories, I'm not sure yet) in the gallery as well. Do you also plan to support the official Xenforo gallery addon in Topics?

And finally I should be able to create and automatically update 6 landing-/portalpages, one for each animal group + medicine. If the latter can't be done with UI.X PRO, is there another addon working with Topics to realize landing pages (eg. XPress?)? Or do I need a completely different solution (which would be very, very unfortunate, since UI.X PRO is awesome)?

Thank you for your serious thoughts. There must be a way, hopefully.

Is "Topics" suitable for this filtering? I would like to have forum nodes as before, which are also similarly structured as the 6 Topics. But by selecting a topic (e.g. cats), only cat threads and threads about cat medicine (two topics: cats and medicine) and general medicine (only medicine) should be displayed.
What I think you are referring to is "Thread topics", which while not unsuitable is probably not ideal for what you want to do. The idea of "Thread topics" is to remove any hierarchical structure, but what you are describing is such a structure. I would suggest that "Node topics" is probably what you want, which has a lot of the functionality of "Thread topics" but keeps the hierarchical structure of nodes.

And I didn't find it anywhere, but Topics applies only to threads? It would be very important (to me) to filter the images (or categories, I'm not sure yet) in the gallery as well. Do you also plan to support the official Xenforo gallery addon in Topics?
As I've just described, we already have "Node topics" and "Thread topics", so we would probably be looking to add "Resource topics" and "Media topics" etc. in the future.

And finally I should be able to create and automatically update 6 landing-/portalpages, one for each animal group + medicine. If the latter can't be done with UI.X PRO, is there another addon working with Topics to realize landing pages (eg. XPress?)? Or do I need a completely different solution (which would be very, very unfortunate, since UI.X PRO is awesome)?
It would be possible to link to such pages with Topics already (i.e. linking to a pre-filtered all threads page), although we'll definitely be adding more widgets etc. in future so you can build your own portal pages etc.

Thank you for your serious thoughts. There must be a way, hopefully.
As you've seen, there is huge potential with UI.X Pro and even though there is a huge amount on offer already, we are really only just scratching the surface with what is possible with Topics. Do keep the suggestions coming!

Do you guys plan on adding another addon or two, or maybe another style or two, to the Pro package at some point? Just curious. I mean, since Reactions and, I presume Bookmarks, are going the way of the Dodo...

Do you guys plan on adding another addon or two, or maybe another style or two, to the Pro package at some point? Just curious. I mean, since Reactions and, I presume Bookmarks, are going the way of the Dodo...

We are in fact adding different add-ons to take their place :) We have React Plus which adds all of the features that we had that XenForo did not add, and I think we are adding our new Monetize add-on.

We are in fact adding different add-ons to take their place :) We have React Plus which adds all of the features that we had that XenForo did not add, and I think we are adding our new Monetize add-on.
Sounds good. I obviously haven't been clear on what exactly was happening with Reactions, but I'm glad that you'll still be keeping the extras, especially the individual reactions stats on profiles. I personally have zero need for Monetize right now, although it looks like a cool addon and others will undoubtedly appreciate it. Personally I was kind of hoping you guys might throw UI.X Dark into the pot, but you don't always get what you want.... 😢

That is correct. But if you experience any issues let us know! But as Ian said we are planning on adding different add-ons to the UI.X Pro package.
I've seen the demo page is very different than before.
How many time you guys need for to install UIX2 pro for an exist huge forum(Chinese language),And are there any phrases which I have to translate?

Thanks.

I've seen the demo page is very different than before.
How many time you guys need for to install UIX2 pro for an exist huge forum(Chinese language),And are there any phrases which I have to translate?

Thanks.
Thirty minutes is needed for the install and such, all explained here. As far as phrase translation I'd suggest creating a ticket on that.

I'm doing a test upgrade to 2.1 and am currently testing this. My test site looks nothing like the demo at Themehouse and there's also no dark theme. What's wrong?

I'm doing a test upgrade to 2.1 and am currently testing this. My test site looks nothing like the demo at Themehouse and there's also no dark theme. What's wrong?

I have the same issue and submitted a ticket to Themehouse. Hope they will solve it really soon.

Getting these errors in Chrome console

1.webp

Navigation won't expand among other issues.
I installed the traditional way, uploaded files and imported xml.

Top Bottom