[TH] Trending [Deleted]

I believe a ticket has been created that relates to this same issue. Our developers are looking into it and hope to have a fix for it in the next update.

TH when can we expect a fix out for this issue? It's been a fair amount of time now (since XF 206) that this addon is broken.

Appreciate it.

@Dalton Prock - Can we limit the trending post list by time e.g. last 12, 24, 48 or 72 hours?
If my memory serves me right you are able to limit trending posts by the age of the post which can be configured when you create a trending type for threads, media, and resources. Don't believe the add-on allows you to limit it based on the last 12, 24, 48, or 72 hours. But this might be something that is added to our pro version in the future.

If my memory serves me right you are able to limit trending posts by the age of the post which can be configured when you create a trending type for threads, media, and resources. Don't believe the add-on allows you to limit it based on the last 12, 24, 48, or 72 hours. But this might be something that is added to our pro version in the future.

So I can state that no post more than a day old should be shown in trending list?

We hope to have this add-on updated sometime this week or next week. This issue is also fixed in this latest version as well! :)

What's the timeline on the next proper release? Don't want to be the whiny guy but it's now 21 days since this addon is broken for me (and at least a few other folks going by the history here). Would appreciate a quick update. Cheers.

What's the timeline on the next proper release? Don't want to be the whiny guy but it's now 21 days since this addon is broken for me (and at least a few other folks going by the history here). Would appreciate a quick update. Cheers.

I've just checked your ticket, it looks like Lukas sent you a fixed version about a week ago

I've just checked your ticket, it looks like Lukas sent you a fixed version about a week ago

Thanks Jake. That was as indicated a Beta, I was hoping for a final release if one exists. If one isn't coming out any time soon I'll go with the beta version for lack of choice.

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Trending with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1 Release

Enhancements:
  1. Added usergroup permissions
  2. Improved the trending filter bar
  3. Added pageaction to trending_view
  4. Added an option for trending to be placed on the main page in Basic Board Information
  5. Adjusted section context depending on trending content types
  6. Changed trending nav items to be a sub-item of a forum instead
Bugs Fixed:
  1. An issue that caused special characters too not show correctly

Read the rest of this update entry...

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Trending with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1 Patch Level 1 released!

Bugs fixed:
  • The threads forum is now shown on the thread list.
  • Added a padding to the "no trending threads" message.
  • Trending and new posts do no longer have different filter setups.
  • A superfluous permission has been removed.

Additions:
  • Trending algorithm names are now shown on the ACP trending overview page.
  • Trending tabs can now be quick-toggled in the ACP.
  • Trending configurations are now sortable in the ACP.
  • Install & Upgrade...

Read the rest of this update entry...

An idea for this addon, it would be nice to be able to set it as a public navigation item such as Forums, What's New, Members, as an option instead of a child of Forums. I mean you can set it, but it would be nice for it to have it's own icon. Also another question is the configuration setting for views per minute, is this based off members views only, or is it guest views as well?

See the screenshot below as an example. Is there anyway we can get an icon for it?

Last edited:
An idea for this addon, it would be nice to be able to set it as a public navigation item such as Forums, What's New, Members, as an option instead of a child of Forums. I mean you can set it, but it would be nice for it to have it's own icon. Also another question is the configuration setting for views per minute, is this based off members views only, or is it guest views as well?

See the screenshot below as an example. Is there anyway we can get an icon for it?

View attachment 189012
I'd be glad to add this idea to our issue tracker for ya. Also, the configuration settings are based on member/user views, not guests.

I think I figured out the icon issue:

In uix_icons.less, add:

Code:
<xf:if is="{$icon} == 'trending'">content: '@xf-uix_icon_thtrending';</xf:if>

In uix.less, add:

Code:
&[data-nav-id="thtrending"]:before {<xf:macro name="content" template="uix_icons.less" arg-icon="\f535" />}

Top Bottom