[TH] Trending [Deleted]

Well, the other one would be Pro because it would require we install it. This one doesn't have a scoring function as it only really would work on certain servers. Shared servers may have issues with this. It comes down to just making sure people have options. At this time, since we haven't released Pro (and may never, as we never did with XenForo 1) you can assume this is the only trending product we may have for the foreseeable future. A pause has been placed on Pro, and will evaluate whether it is wise for us to put a scoring function on people's sites where it may eat resources if calibrated incorrectly.

All in all, I foresee if we do a Pro the part that makes it pro is the setup and some advanced tools. But 90% feature parity otherwise.

What do you mean "scoring function"? You mean some sort of trending calculation algorithm that weights likes, posts, recency, etc? Without that (if that's what's missing from this version), how does this version even work out what's trending?

What do you mean "scoring function"? You mean some sort of trending calculation algorithm that weights likes, posts, recency, etc? Without that (if that's what's missing from this version), how does this version even work out what's trending?
This one has multiple algorithm choices based on a global calculation of things like views, likes, replies, actions within X minutes, etc.

A more complex scoring function could take into consideration permissions, what a user has followed, threads a user has already replied to, and much much more. It could also cache this result PER USER so that its more customized. Its hard to push this onto a standard XenForo install because of the amount of RAM and database resources it would require. I'm not necessarily sure what that line is, but we kept this system usable on really any size server.

We are considering adding a global rank calculator so you can see how many "spots" a thread has climbed or fallen, but right now this feature is only in our Pro version.

Thanks for the reply.

It'd be great if you could post the available algorithms for this version in the description. Without knowing what it's doing it's hard to decide if it's worth it or not.

I do believe it will remove the navigation tab because when have not active any Trending then Its should hide tab or have a option disable navigation tab. Also having issue Trending threads are not show 1st high Replies and Views ?

View attachment 173299
From my testing, the Trending tab always stays on the navigation bar even when any trending configurations are turned off. Now if you disable the add-on when your not using it sure it will go away or you can disable it in the public navigation menu provided in XenForo under Options.

If your users are looking to view the top trending threads, they can view them on the trending tab before clicking "Trending Threads".

Also why not add this functionality for this version? Without this functionality what trending we have now ?

This version of trending offers a few different calculations you can use to determine the trending index. For threads the options are:

Average replies per minute since the thread was created
Average views per minute since the thread was created
average replies per minute + average views per minute (basically just a combination of the two above, though I think I'm going to weight number of replies a bit higher than the views in a future update)

In the next update I think I'm going to add support for number of likes on the first post as well. The main difference between this and Pro is that pro actually analyzes the content individually so we can do more advanced things (for example, if a thread is new and has already received X posts we can add Y extra points to its "trending index" to favor that over older content that has had less activity, and you can weight your forums to automatically give a higher index than other forums)

Number of views and replies is already supported

If supported then why not show Number of views and replies in 1st place?

screenshot00107-png.173299

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. We display the same template used in the full thread list, so replies and views are displayed

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 10.51.49 AM.webp

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. We display the same template used in the full thread list, so replies and views are displayed

View attachment 173337

I am asking why min replies and views are showing 1st? Replies 18 and Views 19 showing 1st but Replies 1127 and Views 9425 showing last. All are filtering showing from today reply?

ScreenShot00110.webp

It's hard to tell from that screenshot, but I'm guessing the threads with more posts/views are much older

Okay how much trending pro will be? I mean if you release it as an addon or if you only do it as your custom install method on a dedicated server with resources. In which ever method how much it will cost?

Don't say we don't know yet. Because some rough pricing info will help because then we can decide we should wait for your trending pro or not.
Will it be over $100, $500 or less than that? At least something like that.

We really aren’t sure on pricing yet, ultimately depends on development time, features it includes, etc

Isn't that a bit Catch-22?

You're effectively telling us not to buy this one as a much better version will be available. But as this won't then sell very well, you don't know what market there is for the Pro version so you might decide not to release it due to lack of interest.

Getting this error when I click on the Trending Link in Navigation.
https://www.cozworld.com/trending/threads/

[TH] Trending 1.0.0a

Code:
An exception occurred: [TypeError] Argument 5 passed to XF\Template\Templater::fnLink() must be of the type array, null given in src\XF\Template\Templater.php on line 2441

XF\Template\Templater->fnLink()
call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 880
XF\Template\Templater->fn() in internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s50/public/thtrending_trending_view_thread.php at line 86
XF\Template\Templater->{closure}() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 1249
XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Trending/Trending/Thread.php at line 136
ThemeHouse\Trending\Trending\Thread->_renderTrendingContent() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Trending/Trending/AbstractHandler.php at line 76
ThemeHouse\Trending\Trending\AbstractHandler->renderTrendingContent() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Trending/Entity/Trending.php at line 57
ThemeHouse\Trending\Entity\Trending->renderTrendingContent()
call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 939
XF\Template\Templater->method() in internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s50/public/thtrending_trending_view.php at line 58
XF\Template\Templater->{closure}() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 1249
XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate() in src/XF/Template/Template.php at line 24
XF\Template\Template->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php at line 48
XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 332
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 303
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 44
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

Getting this error when I click on the Trending Link in Navigation.
https://www.cozworld.com/trending/threads/

[TH] Trending 1.0.0a

Code:
An exception occurred: [TypeError] Argument 5 passed to XF\Template\Templater::fnLink() must be of the type array, null given in src\XF\Template\Templater.php on line 2441

XF\Template\Templater->fnLink()
call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 880
XF\Template\Templater->fn() in internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s50/public/thtrending_trending_view_thread.php at line 86
XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Trending/Trending/Thread.php at line 136
ThemeHouse\Trending\Trending\Thread->_renderTrendingContent() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Trending/Trending/AbstractHandler.php at line 76
ThemeHouse\Trending\Trending\AbstractHandler->renderTrendingContent() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Trending/Entity/Trending.php at line 57
ThemeHouse\Trending\Entity\Trending->renderTrendingContent()
call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 939
XF\Template\Templater->method() in internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s50/public/thtrending_trending_view.php at line 58
XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate() in src/XF/Template/Template.php at line 24
XF\Template\Template->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php at line 48
XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 332
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 303
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 44
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13
I believe a ticket has been created that relates to this same issue. Our developers are looking into it and hope to have a fix for it in the next update.

Top Bottom