[TH] Thread Rating [Deleted]

Nope. The request relates to the rating stars itself. This allows users to give a rating of 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 or 4.5 stars.
So instead of 4 rating values, the user can give 9 rating values.
Example here: http://www.jqueryrain.com/?d8VUtmAN

I have never seen this type of rating before. Do you know of any add on here at xenforo that has implemented this type of rating? I want to see an example of it being used on xenforo.

No. I mean, this:
Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 12.52.27 AM.webp
Reply the rating by the author of the thread (OP).
If your thread receive a bad rating, you should be able to reply something.
or simply if you just want to reply ratings, and say thanks.

Yes, in fact is a normal functionality of the resource manager. important IMO.
very useful to provide information in reviews with few stars. example:
Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 12.44.27 PM.webp

Last edited:
@wang
You have taken the same approach as the XF devs did for resource manager sidebar and applied this to the main page.
This may seem logical at first sight, but the rating function takes up a lot of vertical space, while leaving a lot of horizontal superfluous space unused.
In custom styles that have a thread header this causes display problems.

Please allow us to display the rating widget and the who-voted link side by side.

Last edited:
@wang
You have taken the same approach as the XF devs did for resource manager sidebar and applied this to the main page.
This may seem logical at first sight, but the rating function takes up a lot of vertical space, while leaving a lot of horizontal superfluous space unused.
In custom styles that have a thread header this causes display problems.

Please allow us to display the rating widget and the who-voted link side by side.

I work with the default style only when I develop an add on. Most customs tyles change things quite a lot and one can not keep up with it.

Can you please post here a screenshot of how you want it to be displayed?

@wang is there any way to reduce or eliminate the time between ratings? I am seeing 'Please wait X number of seconds ....' if I attempt to rate another thread too quickly; if it's possible I'd like to reduce this to 10 seconds, or even eliminate it altogether as I want my members to rate threads regularly and the time restriction between ratings may put them off.

With thanks

:)

Can you please post here a screenshot of how you want it to be displayed?
How it is now:
A test thread to see how rating etc works  or fails to    TEST 4.webp
How it should be:
A test thread to see how rating etc works  or fails to 2   TEST 4.webp
Changes:
  1. The number of votes is on the same line as the stars.
  2. Stars & votes are on the same line as thread tools, etc.
This saves a lot of vertical space and resolves display issues on custom styles by pixel exit.

Here is how it messes up the thread header in my custom style:
A test thread to see how rating etc works  or fails to    TEST 4(1).webp

Last edited:
@wang is there any way to reduce or eliminate the time between ratings? I am seeing 'Please wait X number of seconds ....' if I attempt to rate another thread too quickly; if it's possible I'd like to reduce this to 10 seconds, or even eliminate it altogether as I want my members to rate threads regularly and the time restriction between ratings may put them off.

With thanks

:)

Yes sir, it is. The time limit there it is the same for post flooding. So by reducing that, it will reduce the limit for thread rating too. To remove it altogether, find this bit of code at the Thread.php file of my add on and remove it.

PHP:
$ratingDw->preSave();

if (!$ratingDw->hasErrors())
 {
     $this->assertNotFlooding('post');
  }

How it is now:
View attachment 141138
How it should be:
View attachment 141139
Changes:
  1. The number of votes is on the same line as the stars.
  2. Stars & votes are on the same line as thread tools, etc.
This saves a lot of vertical space and resolves display issues on custom styles by pixel exit.

Here is how it messes up the thread header in my custom style:
View attachment 141140

You can edit the display by changing the appropriate template for that part.

Could you explain what edit to make?

I can not post the edits that you have to make, but I can post the name of the template, which is faqe_thread_rating_stars. That template must be edited to change the display of the stars.

I have looked at it, but really have no clue of how to change it. There doesn't seem to be two divs in the template and I don't see how to get the rating and the votes into the LinkGroupSelectionCountContainer div. Any advice would be welcome.

I have looked at it, but really have no clue of how to change it. There doesn't seem to be two divs in the template and I don't see how to get the rating and the votes into the LinkGroupSelectionCountContainer div. Any advice would be welcome.

I have followed the example of the Resource Manager on displaying the stars. If you want to change it, you will have to create a custom css class and use that instead.

Can you add a widget for ratings? Same as the threads like widget except sort by avg rating?

Top Bottom