[TH] Thread Filters [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Thread Filters by Waindigo - Adds the ability to filter by multiple prefixes, by thread starters or thread posters.

This add-on adds additional filter option to the 'Thread Display Options' pull-down menu, to allow for greater filtering of threads in forums.

With this add-on it is possible to filter by multiple thread prefixes. Additionally, if you are filtering by a single thread prefix, clicking the new thread create button will start creating a thread with...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
wow its awesome *-*

hope if there is a possible addon from u to list the prefix in sidebar with more feature not just the one to list all of them in no order

wow its awesome *-*

hope if there is a possible addon from u to list the prefix in sidebar with more feature not just the one to list all of them in no order
Thanks.

I'm not quite sure what it is you are asking for. Have you checked the screenshot?

Thanks.

I'm not quite sure what it is you are asking for. Have you checked the screenshot?
ya i saw them ^_^

what i asked it :-

is to list all prefix in sidebar or below/above threads
with more controls like list them beside the id order or name order also can list the prefix group
in xenforo
u need to make a group and add prefix to them so like we just list some group not all of them ^_^

i know its some how complected but it will be nice thing ^_^

and iam really thankful to your work and hope i can donate for u really thanks for ur hard work and for ur answering all question , god bless u brother ^_^

ya i saw them ^_^

what i asked it :-

is to list all prefix in sidebar or below/above threads
with more controls like list them beside the id order or name order also can list the prefix group
in xenforo
u need to make a group and add prefix to them so like we just list some group not all of them ^_^

i know its some how complected but it will be nice thing ^_^

and iam really thankful to your work and hope i can donate for u really thanks for ur hard work and for ur answering all question , god bless u brother ^_^
I'm still confused.

Are you able to draw a mock-up/design for me to see what you mean?

Are you just talking about having links to filter by the thread filters? Or are you just talking about something more generally to do with prefixes?

I'm still confused.

Are you able to draw a mock-up/design for me to see what you mean?

Are you just talking about having links to filter by the thread filters? Or are you just talking about something more generally to do with prefixes?

ya (( something more generally to do with prefixes? ))
sorry :$ for confusing u but really i cant stop my self of suggesting when i saw ur new addons and ur update .

Bug report.

In thread list we have 3 threads. One with prefix "One". Seconde with now prefix. And third with prefix "Second". In filter options we select both prefixes and click "Set options". This will show only two threads with prefix "One" and "Second". Now we remove prefix "One" from block "Filters". And we get error:
Code:
Undefined offset: 0

[LIST=1]
[*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/ThreadFilters/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 106
[*]Waindigo_ThreadFilters_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->_getDisplayConditions() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 107
[*]XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum() in Waindigo/ThreadFilters/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 16
[*]Waindigo_ThreadFilters_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/xf2/index.php at line 13
[/LIST]

How difficult would it be to make this work with the Digest View Jon?
I'll take a look. Not sure why it shouldn't work.

Bug report.

In thread list we have 3 threads. One with prefix "One". Seconde with now prefix. And third with prefix "Second". In filter options we select both prefixes and click "Set options". This will show only two threads with prefix "One" and "Second". Now we remove prefix "One" from block "Filters". And we get error:
Code:
Undefined offset: 0

[LIST=1]
[*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/ThreadFilters/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 106
[*]Waindigo_ThreadFilters_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->_getDisplayConditions() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 107
[*]XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum() in Waindigo/ThreadFilters/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 16
[*]Waindigo_ThreadFilters_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/xf2/index.php at line 13
[/LIST]
Confirmed. I'll release a bug fix shortly.

I'll take a look. Not sure why it shouldn't work.
Great.
We have a limit of one thread per classified forum which prevents members from posting new threads.
They struggle to find their threads (user ineptness), so if I can create a link which shows a digest of the classifieds forums listing all their threads with just one link -or at least one which is easy to set up -then that will make life easier for people.

Jon it works fine using the digest in forums with subforums, but it doesn't work in categories.
Try it here:
http://www.avforums.com/categories/classified-adverts.242/digest
I haven't added full support for thread prefixes as you didn't mention that you needed that. In particular, it doesn't always list all available thread prefixes because it doesn't list prefixes that are only available in sub-forums. This is especially noticeable in categories. Are you interested in contributing to fixing this, or not bothered?

Top Bottom