[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

I still keep getting the following when clicking on a social group I created.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_SocialGroups_Extend_XenForo_Model_Forum::markSocialForumReadIfNeeded() in/home/jagmas/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php on line 38

When I checked the server log it had the following. Not sure what to do.

Error Info​
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_SocialGroups_Extend_XenForo_Model_Forum::markSocialForumReadIfNeeded() -library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:38
Generated By: Jagmas, A moment ago

Stack Trace​
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State​
array(3) {
["url"] => string(64) "http://www.jagmas.com/threads/looking-for-fans-of-minecraft.113/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I guess a lot of people like to have forums inside forums. lol

The thing is if you have a forum at time it is hard to predict what forum areas are needed. So by allowing your members to create their own groups as such can go a long way. Some members need to create groups for those other members that might be into the same thing they are but is not really of general interest to other members.

As in my forum we have members in the same area that like to share and plan motorcycle riding groups. So this forum is only of interest if you live in that area. You may have a group of anything from 5 to 50 members doing this in different areas. So it would be of little interest for members living a few 100 miles away from that location. So now you only have those that belong to this group seeing notification about upcoming rides or events for that group.

Ok I have followed this but it still seems I am having issues, it is now setup like this

The Social Node
View attachment 75534

Node Permissions (registered member)
View attachment 75535

Social Permissions (Options)

View attachment 75536

The Issues are these
  1. Member joins social group but cannot see any new threads and posts when doing a New Post Search
  2. Member does not get notifications of any new threads or post in that area
View attachment 75537

As you can see below Strawbs is a member of this group has posted and the group is marked as watched for him

View attachment 75538

Oh well this issue is a bit of a show stopper so now to find something else that can be used to get an end result in doing something like this

I guess a lot of people like to have forums inside forums. lol
It's perfect for my purposes. I'm developing a forum primarily for roleplaying where there will be multiple campaigns going on and each campaign will require multiple threads. In my existing phpBB3 solution, any time a new subforum is needed for a campaign, an admin has to be notified, then it has to be setup with all the correct permissions, and then the threads have to be moved into it, and then the campaign creator has to be listed as an actual forum moderator... It's a mess. With Waindigo's Social Groups, campaign creators can get their own subforum for their threads by creating it themselves with just a quick moderation check by an admin. That's a huge simplification. And they won't clutter up the main forum, so it's okay to have as many as are needed.

The only thing I didn't like about Social Groups is the terminology for Social Categories and Social Forums. I went through and changed all the add-on's phrases to refer to Networks and Hubs, respectively. So for a particular network (focusing on a particular set of rules like d20 or Pathfinder) users can create their own hubs (where each hub can hold threads for a campaign or a part of a campaign).

Anyway, there's a sample use case where Social Groups works very well.

@DaveM @Bloodcinder Cool, glad to hear it works for you! I guess my needs are a bit more specific. I'm looking for a mod that would allow a whole new area, similar to Blogs Free, and inside this area you can have discussions, picture posts, etc., all centered around a particular subject, but completely apart from the main forum with full permissions..... :)

I still keep getting the following when clicking on a social group I created.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_SocialGroups_Extend_XenForo_Model_Forum::markSocialForumReadIfNeeded() in/home/jagmas/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php on line 38

When I checked the server log it had the following. Not sure what to do.

Error Info​
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_SocialGroups_Extend_XenForo_Model_Forum::markSocialForumReadIfNeeded() -library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:38
Generated By: Jagmas, A moment ago

Stack Trace​
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State​
array(3) {
["url"] => string(64) "http://www.jagmas.com/threads/looking-for-fans-of-minecraft.113/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Seems to be a conflict with another add-on. Try disabling some of your other add-ons and see what makes this error disappear. If you can let me know which add-on it is, I will try and work around the problem (or let you know how to fix that add-on).

Hi,
I installed this Addon, but the social forum tool menu is not showing up. I believe I have all the permission set. am I missing something here?

Hi,
I installed this Addon, but the social forum tool menu is not showing up. I believe I have all the permission set. am I missing something here?
Please use the analyze permissions tool (Admin CP -> Users -> Analyze Permissions) to check your permissions again.

Thanks for the quick response. One permission was not assigned now admin user has all permissions. I still don't see social forum tool menu.

Something is not right here.

When I create a social forum with the "All requests to join must be approved by a Social Forum moderator" option, users can't see the "Join Group" button. If I create a group without that option, the button is freely visible.

I tried everything! I followed the guide step by step. That didn't work. I messed around with permissions for over an hour and haven't figured it out yet. Funny thing is, I got this to work on a previous xenforo installation.

What am I doing wrong?

Something is not right here.

When I create a social forum with the "All requests to join must be approved by a Social Forum moderator" option, users can't see the "Join Group" button. If I create a group without that option, the button is freely visible.

I tried everything! I followed the guide step by step. That didn't work. I messed around with permissions for over an hour and haven't figured it out yet. Funny thing is, I got this to work on a previous xenforo installation.

What am I doing wrong?

Well I also had security issues with this add on that were not resolved. I am now looking at something else to do this for me

@Joaquin112 Well some of them just don't work the way they should so it is not as if it is a security risk but more a permissions thing that is not working, sorry I should have phrased that a bit better.

This is the issue I am still sitting with but as I say I am making other arrangements now with something else that works for me. Social Groups by Waindigo

@DaveM Please don't respond to unrelated posts saying that you had "security" issues. It is not helpful.

If you need help with your issues, please post and wait for us to respond (or if you need urgent help, please consider becoming a premium member or purchase a license).

This product is available as open source to help support the community. Making false statements about this add-on is not helpful to the community in any way.

@Joaquin112 Thanks for your report. I will look into this as it may be a bug.

Top Bottom