[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

I have a few addons by you in the past and I have no problem uninstalling them, except this one. I have the same set of addons when i uninstall your addons as well as other addons so it's unlikely that they are the problem.
Post #133 by Dinh Thanh shows that I'm not the only one.

Maybe there is something about the installer/uninstaller of this particular addon.

Is there any alternative way we can uninstall this without using the ACP? Remove the files and drop the table on the DB?
I am unable to replicate the issue, which suggests that there may be a conflict with another add-on when uninstalling. In particular, this add-on integrates closely with a number of third-party add-ons, including Nodes As Tabs and [bd] Forum Watch. If you have either of these add-ons installed then this is probably the most likely.

Also, could you try uninstalling with debug mode turned on so that it will produce a proper error message for you to post here?

I am unable to replicate the issue, which suggests that there may be a conflict with another add-on when uninstalling. In particular, this add-on integrates closely with a number of third-party add-ons, including Nodes As Tabs and [bd] Forum Watch. If you have either of these add-ons installed then this is probably the most likely.

Also, could you try uninstalling with debug mode turned on so that it will produce a proper error message for you to post here?
Yes, I have both Nodes As Tabs and [bd] Forum Watch addons.
The problem is that once I tried to uninstall this addon and failed, it's no longer listed on Available Addons.
I turned Debug on, and tried to install this addon again but got
Fatal error: Class 'Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_Permission' not found in /home/andy/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php on line 195

But the addon shows up again. Tried to uninstall it this time with debug on, will get the same The requested page could not be found.

This is really a mess, I gotta say.

Yes, I have both Nodes As Tabs and [bd] Forum Watch addons.
The problem is that once I tried to uninstall this addon and failed, it's no longer listed on Available Addons.
I turned Debug on, and tried to install this addon again but got
Fatal error: Class 'Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_Permission' not found in /home/andy/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php on line 195

But the addon shows up again. Tried to uninstall it this time with debug on, will get the same The requested page could not be found.
Sounds like you have a few files missing. Do you have the following file uploaded:
/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/Permission.php
?

Also, the error you are quoting is never displayed when debug mode is enabled (at least not by the XenForo core or any of my add-ons) -- that's how I knew to ask you to enable it.

Donated a bit for the holidays. I want to give more but I can't right now. Will do in the future. Thank you for continuing development on this add-on.

Sounds like you have a few files missing. Do you have the following file uploaded:
/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/Permission.php
?

Also, the error you are quoting is never displayed when debug mode is enabled (at least not by the XenForo core or any of my add-ons) -- that's how I knew to ask you to enable it.
That file was shown as 0kb so I reuploaded all the file, install xml and try the same uninstall routine again. You can see that I have debug on (Development tab is shown on ACP).

Same error. Now the Social Group addon is not shown up in the addon list. This is probably the 10th time I tried this same install/uninstall this addon. Only this addon gives me problem.

Installed Add ons.webpConfirm Uninstallation.webpError.webp

And there are hundreds of errors in the ACP log like this. This must come from the previous failed uninstallation that I tried today.

Undefined index: social_forum_id
Today at 11:15 AM - library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerHelper/SocialForumThreadPost.php:55
Delete...
Today at 11:15 AM - library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerHelper/SocialForumThreadPost.php:55
Delete...
Delete...
Delete...
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'quantnet_xf.xf_social_forum' doesn't exist
Today at 11:15 AM - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Delete...
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'quantnet_xf.xf_social_forum' doesn't exist
Today at 11:15 AM - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Delete...

That file was shown as 0kb so I reuploaded all the file, install xml and try the same uninstall routine again. You can see that I have debug on (Development tab is shown on ACP).

Same error. Now the Social Group addon is not shown up in the addon list. This is probably the 10th time I tried this same install/uninstall this addon. Only this addon gives me problem.

View attachment 37426View attachment 37427View attachment 37428

And there are hundreds of errors in the ACP log like this. This must come from the previous failed uninstallation that I tried today.
You might want to try re-uploading all of the files. If this fails, please provide me with your server details so that I can debug further as you appear to have a very strange setup, with a strange debug mode and at least one corrupted file (neither of which are issues with this add-on).

I get this error when trying to create my first social category in acp (no errors in the server log):

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

EDIT: i found this in the console
jserror.webp

Will try raise the php mem limit and test.

EDIT2: raising the limit to 512MB worked, dunno why it takes so much memory to create a category anyway.

When I try and import from the other Groups addon it all works ok till I get to the Posts part...I then receive the error:
  • The existing data required by the data writer could not be found.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'node_id'.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'title'.

I still get this when trying to import creators, the rest works.

EDIT: i had a lot of deleted groups from old vb import, cleaned the db tables and everything imported fine.

I get this error when creating a new thread in a social forum:
Code:
Template Errors: thread_create
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplateHook.php, line 67:
66: $__compilerVar2 = '';
67: $__compilerVar2 .= '
68:
Anyway it does work, but displays those errors top of the page.

EDIT: solved disabling your custom fields addon, would be nice to have it back :)

Waindigo are you considering at all adding a more robust front end permission system for the creators / moderators of social forums?

Waindigo are you considering at all adding a more robust front end permission system for the creators / moderators of social forums?
Depends what you mean by robust. I am not looking to have anything on the scale of the back-end permission system moved to the front-end. If I was to do that then I might as well just create a new node for every forum. One of the main purposes of this add-on is not to create nodes -- the idea is that this is more stable and more efficient.

I am looking for ways to improve the permissions system though and make it more intuitive. Part of the problem is that the XenForo permissions system is quite bloated. Although I love the flexibility of this system, it is not particularly intuitive either. When people come to me with problems they are having with the Social Groups permissions system, 9 times out of 10 it is because they misunderstand how the core XenForo permissions system works.

Depends what you mean by robust. I am not looking to have anything on the scale of the back-end permission system moved to the front-end. If I was to do that then I might as well just create a new node for every forum. One of the main purposes of this add-on is not to create nodes -- the idea is that this is more stable and more efficient.

I am looking for ways to improve the permissions system though and make it more intuitive. Part of the problem is that the XenForo permissions system is quite bloated. Although I love the flexibility of this system, it is not particularly intuitive either. When people come to me with problems they are having with the Social Groups permissions system, 9 times out of 10 it is because they misunderstand how the core XenForo permissions system works.

I was thinking about giving the social group owner more rights and abilities.

Things like if I am the social group creator, can I restrict "moderators" to certain actions?
Could I create a custom usergroup for my members and set custom permissions to them?
Could I set my members to these usergroups ?
Could I allow only certain usergroups to post in the social group?
Do certain usergroups have restricted viewing access ?
Can I post in the social group as a guest user ?
etc

Have you thought about looking into the notice system ? It would be really cool if moderators (if they have permission) could post a notice on the social group.

"If I was to do that then I might as well just create a new node for every forum." why would this be the case?

I was thinking about giving the social group owner more rights and abilities.

Things like if I am the social group creator, can I restrict "moderators" to certain actions?
Could I create a custom usergroup for my members and set custom permissions to them?
Could I set my members to these usergroups ?
Could I allow only certain usergroups to post in the social group?
Do certain usergroups have restricted viewing access ?
Can I post in the social group as a guest user ?
etc

Have you thought about looking into the notice system ? It would be really cool if moderators (if they have permission) could post a notice on the social group.
I have another add-on (not yet released) called 'Content Administrators by Waindigo', which essentially opens up some (the intention is to open up more) of the Admin Control Panel to a member for administration of a single forum only. At the moment, it allows for that member to log-in to the Admin Control Panel and create notices for that forum only. It would be nice if, as you say, they were able to use the entire permissions system but for their forum only.

One thing that you can do with Social Forums though is that you can set up different Social Categories with different behaviours for Social Forums created within it. For example, you could set up one Social Category that only certain user groups could be members of, and another Social Category that displayed a certain notice in every Social Forum.

"If I was to do that then I might as well just create a new node for every forum." why would this be the case?
In my mind, if you want something to behave exactly like a forum, you should use a forum.

This same thinking was one of the main reasons for creating this add-on -- a certain other Social Groups add-on has its own proprietary thread system and clients were asking me if other thread-related add-ons could be made to work with this proprietary thread system. My solution: build a new social groups add-on that uses the core thread system instead, so that most of these other add-ons will be compatible without having to do much work.

You might want to try re-uploading all of the files. If this fails, please provide me with your server details so that I can debug further as you appear to have a very strange setup, with a strange debug mode and at least one corrupted file (neither of which are issues with this add-on).
Gave it another try today and the exact same problem.
Do you know if there are any other way to clean uninstall it?
Remove the files, remove some db tables and run some SQL?

You need to fully uninstall it BEFORE removing any files. The full list of changes made is in the install.php file.

I am a for-profit company and you run a commercial site, and this appears to be an isolated issue with your server. Please purchase a license and then contact me for private support it required, as suggested above if you require any more help.

Ran into the same problem, my story...

I had old files on there, uploaded new, create a cat and when I loaded the forum it shot that error.

Uninstalled the plugin completely, removed old files, uploaded new, installed new, seemed to fix the error for me.

Waindigo, question... maybe I'm missing it, *I'm hoping I'm missing it*, can we move threads from other existing nodes into a social group?

I had old files on there, uploaded new, create a cat and when I loaded the forum it shot that error.

Uninstalled the plugin completely, removed old files, uploaded new, installed new, seemed to fix the error for me.
I'm not the only one with this problem then ;)

This sounds like a completely unrelated problem.

Waindigo, question... maybe I'm missing it, *I'm hoping I'm missing it*, can we move threads from other existing nodes into a social group?
Not yet. You can only do it manually using an SQL query.

This sounds like a completely unrelated problem.

Not yet. You can only do it manually using an SQL query.

I was referring to his:

I got the exact same error, just fixed it via my instructions.

Do you know the query I could use by chance?

Top Bottom