[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

I currently purchased the other social group addon....but i have already imported the vbulletin 4 social groups long ago into threads upon xenforo...SO the million $ question is....can i use YOUR resource and move the old social groupthreads into your social group resource?

And is there any DEMO?

I currently purchased the other social group addon....but i have already imported the vbulletin 4 social groups long ago into threads upon xenforo...SO the million $ question is....can i use YOUR resource and move the old social groupthreads into your social group resource?

And is there any DEMO?

I think you can't.
The other one use it own table, this one use threads.

I am using threads right now, i meant when i improted from vbulletin it turned them into threads and i cant seem to move these threads into this plugin

Error Info
PHP:
ErrorException: Undefined index: oauth_token - library/Social/Provider/Oauth/Abstract.php:38
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 10:51 AM
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Social/Provider/Oauth/Abstract.php(38): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/sociall1/...', 38, Array)
#1 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Social/Provider/Abstract.php(14): Social_Provider_Oauth_Abstract->getAccessToken('http://www.soci...')
#2 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Social/ControllerPublic/Register.php(38): Social_Provider_Abstract->authenticate('http://www.soci...')
#3 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Social/ControllerPublic/Register.php(389): Social_ControllerPublic_Register->_getProviderResponse(Object(Social_Provider_Oauth_Twitter))
#4 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): Social_ControllerPublic_Register->actionTwitter()
#5 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(106) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/register/twitter?denied=9BSl0apa02e6ZIbE8pyUubarSzY5qVrWB4WE1UZ9xE"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["denied"] => string(42) "9BSl0apa02e6ZIbE8pyUubarSzY5qVrWB4WE1UZ9xE"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I am using threads right now, i meant when i improted from vbulletin it turned them into threads and i cant seem to move these threads into this plugin
There is an importer, but it is not perfect so make sure you back up first and post any errors you get here.

Error Info
PHP:
ErrorException: Undefined index: oauth_token - library/Social/Provider/Oauth/Abstract.php:38
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 10:51 AM
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Social/Provider/Oauth/Abstract.php(38): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/sociall1/...', 38, Array)
#1 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Social/Provider/Abstract.php(14): Social_Provider_Oauth_Abstract->getAccessToken('http://www.soci...')
#2 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Social/ControllerPublic/Register.php(38): Social_Provider_Abstract->authenticate('http://www.soci...')
#3 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Social/ControllerPublic/Register.php(389): Social_ControllerPublic_Register->_getProviderResponse(Object(Social_Provider_Oauth_Twitter))
#4 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): Social_ControllerPublic_Register->actionTwitter()
#5 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(106) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/register/twitter?denied=9BSl0apa02e6ZIbE8pyUubarSzY5qVrWB4WE1UZ9xE"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["denied"] => string(42) "9BSl0apa02e6ZIbE8pyUubarSzY5qVrWB4WE1UZ9xE"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
This is an error with the Social Network Authentication add-on... nothing to do with this add-on at all.

I'm getting this when trying to import a Xenforo Social Groups install to this addon - any idea what's wrong? It's in the import threads step. The groups and members imported fine.

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 580
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1462
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importThread() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Importer/XfAddOns/Groups.php at line 323
  10. Waindigo_SocialGroups_Importer_XfAddOns_Groups->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  11. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
  14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/brokenforum.com/html/admin.php at line 13
Did you have the 'Retain imported content IDs' selected? This will likely only work if you have no other threads in your forum, so please make sure this option is unchecked.

Could have sworn I tried both options, but this time it worked with the Retain imported content IDs option deselected, until I got to the import posts step, where I encountered an error identical to the post above:
  • The existing data required by the data writer could not be found.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'node_id'.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'title'.
Also, I got the following bug report from a user:

It's just been pointed out to me that if you look at the 'postings' page on someone's profile, you can read the first few lines of their posts in private groups.

Could have sworn I tried both options, but this time it worked with the Retain imported content IDs option deselected, until I got to the import posts step, where I encountered an error identical to the post above:
  • The existing data required by the data writer could not be found.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'node_id'.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'title'.
This has been fixed for the next update, which I will release in a few days. This is due to a bug with the other add-on which means there are threads being stored with no posts in them (presumably they have been deleted?).
Also, I got the following bug report from a user:

It's just been pointed out to me that if you look at the 'postings' page on someone's profile, you can read the first few lines of their posts in private groups.
This sounds like you don't have permissions set up correctly. Please make sure that you are revoking all the permissions related to viewing the contents of other people's threads/posts. If this is not the case, then it might be a bug with XenForo.

The add-on works by not interfering with permissions EXCEPT for when you are inside a social forum (when it will give a user more permissions). So anything that is outside of the realm of social forums is not touched by the add-on, and therefore can only be fixed by changing your permissions (or is due to another add-on). This is the reason that threads are not visible in search/what's new etc. if you revoke permissions, regardless of whether you are a member.

Waindigo updated Social Groups by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1 released

New features:
  • Added 'creator' permissions.
  • Added support for [bd] Forum Watch add-on, including option to auto-watch on join.
  • Moved social forum tools to a drop-down menu above thread list.
  • Added button to join social forum/accept invite if sidebar is disabled.
  • Added permission to view social forum members.
  • Added XenPorta block to show most recently created social forums.
  • Added alerts to creator for members requesting membership of moderated social forum....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Where do I set "Alerts when a member request to join group"?
I'm creator of a group and I use a test account to request to join the group. I don't see any alert.
When I approve it, the user got an alert.

I think I know what the problem is. I'm an admin and creator of groups but I'm not a member of any group. I removed myself from the membership.
Can the alerts be extended to administrator as well. The idea is that I can approve any pending request since I'm only 24/7 and the group moderators may not be as active.
I think this is the same case for many forums.

Where do I set "Alerts when a member request to join group"?
I'm creator of a group and I use a test account to request to join the group. I don't see any alert.
If you created the group before the creator functionality was added, then you won't be recorded as the creator and won't receive an alert. I have not yet implemented the ability to re-assign the creator of a group.

If you created the group before the creator functionality was added, then you won't be recorded as the creator and won't receive an alert. I have not yet implemented the ability to re-assign the creator of a group.
I see. So currently, only group moderators can see those alerts?

So, to clarify, once this update is implemented we will have the ability for the 'group creator' to receive an alert when a new member would like to be added?

Not sure what's happened, but the checkbox for moderation of user posts vanishes with this enabled, although the thread checkbox and other mod tools are still there. Also the thread tools checkbox spacing goes out of alignment(?) on all themes I have enabled.

social forums off

(alignment good)
thread.webp

(mod checkbox present)
postbox.webp

social forums on:

(alignment issues)
thread2.webp

(post mod chckbox gone)
postbox2.webp
any idea what could cause this?

Top Bottom