[TH] Rewards [Deleted]

We just started using the Trophies addon and are building icons for the trophies. It's a fan forum so our icons are pretty much items from the show, i.e., "Daryl's Crossbow," "Carl's Hat," etc. Is there an advantage to switching to using the Rewards system for this? I suppose that leads me to my next question, does the rewards system also utilize icons that appear on the member's profile like the Trophies addon? Just not sure which add on would be the best for us.
As they are both Waindigo add-ons they can be used together and there is an option within this add-on 'Award Trophy Points' if you wish to link the two systems more. Other than that they are separate add-ons that both add user incentives to your site.

It is up to you which features you want on your site, obviously the trophy icons can be utilized from Trophies by Waindigo and then you can award reward points for actions using this add-on. I know one member that uses the 'Award Trophy Points' option and has written template mods to remove rewards from his site, hence his trophies system is the equivalent of the rewards system.

Hello,
This is exactly what i need in my forum and i have few questions before installing
How do you redeem the points earned by users or how do users redeem their points?. Thank you

There is no redemption of points in this add-on. If this is something you'd like to contribute towards, please drop me a PM.

Hi @Waindigo

I've installed this in conjunction with your Trophies addon. After configuring some settings I then attempt to rebuild the Trophy and User cache and received the following error:

Code:
Use of undefined constant XenForo_Model_User - assumed 'XenForo_Model_User'

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/Rewards/Extend/XenForo/Model/Trophy.php at line 41
Waindigo_Rewards_Extend_XenForo_Model_Trophy->recalculateTrophyPointsForUser() in XenForo/Model/Trophy.php at line 257
XenForo_Model_Trophy->updateTrophyPointsForUser() in Waindigo/Trophies/Extend/XenForo/Model/Trophy.php at line 386
Waindigo_Trophies_Extend_XenForo_Model_Trophy->updateTrophyPointsForUser() in XenForo/Deferred/Trophy.php at line 49
XenForo_Deferred_Trophy->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 256
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 390
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 335
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vampirecounts_net/test/admin.php at line 13

Also currently I have only input the values for the Administrative user group. Am I correct in assuming that I have to put values in all the other user groups manually?

Finally, does rebuilding the cache recount the rewards historically (so for example if for grant reward points for all posts that I have ever made?)

Cheers

DoN

Also currently I have only input the values for the Administrative user group. Am I correct in assuming that I have to put values in all the other user groups manually?
At the very least you should do the Registered user group.

Finally, does rebuilding the cache recount the rewards historically (so for example if for grant reward points for all posts that I have ever made?)
Nope, sorry.

Getting server errors:

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: permissionType - library/Waindigo/Rewards/Extend/XenForo/Model/Like.php:55
Generated By: margarita.thomas, Today at 3:49 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/Rewards/Extend/XenForo/Model/Like.php(55): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/thebaby/p...', 55, Array)
#1 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/Rewards/Extend/XenForo/Model/Like.php(46): Waindigo_Rewards_Extend_XenForo_Model_Like->_rewardUser(131852, Array, 96, Array, 'Liked')
#2 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/Rewards/Extend/XenForo/Model/Like.php(35): Waindigo_Rewards_Extend_XenForo_Model_Like->_processRewards(131852, Array, 96, 'hotspot')
#3 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/Hotspots/ControllerPublic/Hotspot.php(390): Waindigo_Rewards_Extend_XenForo_Model_Like->likeContent('hotspot', 96, 131852)
#4 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Waindigo_Hotspots_ControllerPublic_Hotspot->actionLike()
#5 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(68) "http://thebabywearer.com/forum/hotspots/sun-city-babywearers.96/like"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(40) "/forum/hotspots/sun-city-babywearers.96/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Top Bottom