[TH] Quick Thread [Deleted]

In FF the cursor doesn't seem to autofocus in the search field.

I seem to be getting doubling up of new post buttons in nodes when I have it set to appear everywhere, which is kind of odd. I've set it so you can only see it on the index for now.

My site loads a massive amount of bytes from SimpleCache for every page load. This causes thousands of errors a day. This is caused by a number of addons. Quick Thread uses the following:
["adqt_nodeBlacklist"]=> int(2229)

Could you please see if this can be reduced?

My site loads a massive amount of bytes from SimpleCache for every page load. This causes thousands of errors a day. This is caused by a number of addons. Quick Thread uses the following:
["adqt_nodeBlacklist"]=> int(2229)

Could you please see if this can be reduced?

I've replied to your ticket, that response is below in case anyone else had a similar question:

The item you're referring to is actually just a XenForo option, I believe they'll cache these in whatever backend cache you choose. Unfortunately, I don't believe we can alter this behavior

Could you please update the option "Pages to display" to allow the button on search result pages as well as on "What's new" page?
Just saw that XF2 has it and it is logical to offer the button, when one did not found what one was searching for, or when one gets an idea for a new thread while browsing the news.

Behavior should be please like on forums index, so a layer showing the forums choice.

This add-on was forseeing the function of XF2, glad to own it. It would be great if you update it with the mentioned function to make it even better, so we can keep XF1.5 for a while longer...

Last edited:
Could you please update the option "Pages to display" to allow the button on search result pages as well as on "What's new" page?
Just saw that XF2 has it and it is logical to offer the button, when one did not found what one was searching for, or when one gets an idea for a new thread while browsing the news.

Behavior should be please like on forums index, so a layer showing the forums choice.

This add-on was forseeing the function of XF2, glad to own it. It would be great if you update it with the mentioned function to make it even better, so we can keep XF1.5 for a while longer...
Thank you for suggesting this, I've gone ahead and reported it on our Github Issue Tracker as a Feature Suggestion. You can see it and comment on it here: https://github.com/Audentio/xfaddon-issues/issues/92

ErrorException: Undefined index: forum - library/Audentio/QuickThread/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:10
Generated By: Unknown Account, Oct 16, 2017
Stack Trace
#0 /library/Audentio/QuickThread/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(10): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/...', 10, Array)
#1 /library/NixFifty/Tickets/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(7): Audentio_QuickThread_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /library/SV/ModEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(17): NixFifty_Tickets_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 /library/SV/ElasticEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(8): SV_ModEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#4 /library/SV/PostFriction/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(21): SV_ElasticEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#5 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): SV_PostFriction_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#6 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(113) "https://my-forum.com/threads/ 154889/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

ErrorException: Undefined index: thread - library/XFA/ExtendedCover/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:81
Stack Trace
#0 /library/XFA/ExtendedCover/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(81): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/...', 81, Array)
#1 /library/Audentio/QuickThread/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(7): XFA_ExtendedCover_Extends_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /library/NixFifty/Tickets/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(7): Audentio_QuickThread_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 /library/SV/ModEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(17): NixFifty_Tickets_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#4 /library/SV/ElasticEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(8): SV_ModEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#5 /library/SV/PostFriction/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(21): SV_ElasticEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#6 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): SV_PostFriction_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#7 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(113) "https://my-forum.com/threads/154889/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

ErrorException: Undefined index: forum - library/Audentio/QuickThread/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:10
Stack Trace
#0 /library/Audentio/QuickThread/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(10): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/...', 10, Array)
#1 /library/NixFifty/Tickets/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(7): Audentio_QuickThread_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /library/SV/ModEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(17): NixFifty_Tickets_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 /library/SV/ElasticEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(8): SV_ModEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#4 /library/SV/PostFriction/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(21): SV_ElasticEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#5 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): SV_PostFriction_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#6 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
ErrorException: Undefined index: thread - library/XFA/ExtendedCover/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:81
Stack Trace
#0 /library/XFA/ExtendedCover/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(81): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/...', 81, Array)
#1 /library/Audentio/QuickThread/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(7): XFA_ExtendedCover_Extends_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /library/NixFifty/Tickets/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(7): Audentio_QuickThread_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 /library/SV/ModEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(17): NixFifty_Tickets_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#4 /library/SV/ElasticEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(8): SV_ModEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#5 /library/SV/PostFriction/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(21): SV_ElasticEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#6 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): SV_PostFriction_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#7 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Both of these errors are going to be caused by the same thing, really no reason 'thread' or 'forum' should be undefined here, so it's likely going to be related to one of these add-ons:

NixFifty_Tickets
SV_ModEss
SV_ElasticEss
SV_PostFriction

I'd suggest trying to disable these one at a time and see if the error stops. It's more than likely two of these add-ons not playing well with each other as all we're doing in the location you got that error is checking for $responseView->params['forum'] which should always exist on the thread view

Both of these errors are going to be caused by the same thing, really no reason 'thread' or 'forum' should be undefined here, so it's likely going to be related to one of these add-ons:
All of:
  • NixFifty_Tickets
  • SV_ModEss
  • SV_ElasticEss
  • SV_PostFriction

Have guard checks to validate that thread/forum exists in the XenForo_ControllerResponse_View response object, and only add information to actionIndex()'s return object in that case.

This issue is likely caused by DeDos - Anti DOS for spam bots/scrapers/tors, as it can return a XenForo_ControllerResponse_View which contains no thread data (ie to block scraping)

oh! Never used that addon so wasn’t aware. I feel like it’d be more beneficial to return an error instead of View (or even remove the variables in the View class) in that case though. Either way, will have a patch available tomorrow!

Stack Trace
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I've just updated the latest released version of this add-on with a fix for this, just redownload 1.0.2b and upload the files. Unfortunately I can't guarantee that this will be changed on all of our add-ons however as there are much better ways to accomplish what is being done in that add-on without breaking other add-ons that try to use variables that should always be available. I'd definitely recommend contacting the developer to see if he's willing to adjust how that works (I've already made the suggestion in the thread for his add-on as well) :)

Stack Trace
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

For this one you'll need to contact the developer of the ExtendedCover add-on to see if they are willing to adjust it to make it compatible with the add-on @Xon mentioned as well

Thanks. I have alerted @Fred.
I've just updated the latest released version of this add-on with a fix for this, just redownload 1.0.2b and upload the files.
Please push a new release. It very confusing when you say you released a new version but you keep the version the same as the old version and do not officially release it.
If customers compare the version they have installed with the latest version and there is no difference then they will keep using a version with bugs.
And conversely, your developers can get annoyed when the customer did not update to the latest version, even if the latest version was never officially released.

its good standards to update the version with a new release. It helps everyone.

Yeah I don’t really care for that method either. I get that you only have to upload the files but I prefer to know the exact version installed

Top Bottom