[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

This should be a feature. This add-on has it and I'm using it. I may switch if TH's addon adds this feature.

That really isn't a "feature", it's something that will only ever have to be done once when you initially configure the add-on. We did have a button for it at one time, however, I'll check into what happened to this

Why can't merge Q and Answer thread posts? Please add support can merge post from same user posts.

Can you try switching to sorting by date instead of votes and see if that resolves your issue?

Can you try switching to sorting by date instead of votes and see if that resolves your issue?

Yes will work. One more issue when we get alerts from Q and A thread but Q and A thread are xenforo default styles from going with alerts link, not 1st post in all pages.

Can this addon allow for each member to only vote for one answer?
Also, can the down vote be disabled, so that a user can only vote once and for one best answer only?
Thanks

Last edited:
Installed, and works nicely.

One feature request, if possible: In the widget for "answering users", it would be nice if those images, or the number, linked to the thread that was answered, rather than the member's profile page.

Outside of that, works great.

Installed, and works nicely.

One feature request, if possible: In the widget for "answering users", it would be nice if those images, or the number, linked to the thread that was answered, rather than the member's profile page.

Outside of that, works great.
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the add-on! I'll go ahead and add this too our issue tracker as a future enhancement on our widgets! Thanks for your suggestion! :)
Another question:

Is there a simple way to make all forums capable of question/answer?
You are easily able to make each a Question and Answer Forum by navigating to Forums - > Nodes - > Click a Node -> Tick "This forum is a question and answer forum" option. You can also force all of the threads in that forum to follow the Q&A format by ticking the "Force threads created in this forum to use the Q&A format" option.

My forum is basically a mini stack overflow, this addon is a god send. Sadly my members are handicapped. I have a "question" sections which force all threads to use Q&A format but also have sections that are for regular and question threads. I have a suggestion:

A popup on thread creation instead of a check box that asks "Is this a Question/Help thread?" and they're forced to say yes or no. I have no seen a single person elect to check the checkbox in a section that allows voluntary question threads.

My forum is basically a mini stack overflow, this addon is a god send. Sadly my members are handicapped. I have a "question" sections which force all threads to use Q&A format but also have sections that are for regular and question threads. I have a suggestion:

A popup on thread creation instead of a check box that asks "Is this a Question/Help thread?" and they're forced to say yes or no. I have no seen a single person elect to check the checkbox in a section that allows voluntary question threads.
Thank you for the kind suggestion as I'll note it down! :) Also, I'm guessing you separated your question and answer forum based categories? Just wondering as if you have the option ticked off known as Force threads created in this forum to use the Q&A format as that will make any thread they post in that forum follow the Q&A format.

That is interesting indeed. You could force an answer and set a default on thread create. Same thing as a checkbox though if people dont want to answer it.

One change could be to let it be checked by default.

That's true. The question checkbox is way too down the screen for most to even notice. Would be good to have an optional modal per forum popup and ask if this is a qa thread.

Gonna rephrase this and make sure I'm explaining it well :)

"Force threads created in this forum to use the Q&A format" is working perfectly in the forum in which I only want question threads.

Other topics aren't large enough to warrant 2 sections, 1 for tutorials and 1 for question threads. In this case I just have 1 section, which allows question threads but they are not mandatory. Not a single user has selected the "question thread" checkbox in these sections because they do not see it. In this case, a popup on thread creation asking "Do you want to post a question and use the Question & Answer forum functionality to ensure you receive an answer?" instead of the checkbox would be sweet.

Most questions are asked by new members and honestly they're too dumb to know how to use a forum. Doesn't matter how many guides/tutorials/notices I make. I have to move threads and inline moderate question status like it's my job. I even wrote a query to check prefix id, check if it's the "help" thread id and force it to use question status. But the users aren't smart enough to even select the right prefix so that's not helping me either.

I’m having issues with the helpful members widget. For some reason, it doesn’t update. I can delete it, and add it back, and it will be up to date to that point, but it never changes after that point.

Any ideas?

Gonna rephrase this and make sure I'm explaining it well :)

"Force threads created in this forum to use the Q&A format" is working perfectly in the forum in which I only want question threads.

Other topics aren't large enough to warrant 2 sections, 1 for tutorials and 1 for question threads. In this case I just have 1 section, which allows question threads but they are not mandatory. Not a single user has selected the "question thread" checkbox in these sections because they do not see it. In this case, a popup on thread creation asking "Do you want to post a question and use the Question & Answer forum functionality to ensure you receive an answer?" instead of the checkbox would be sweet.

Most questions are asked by new members and honestly they're too dumb to know how to use a forum. Doesn't matter how many guides/tutorials/notices I make. I have to move threads and inline moderate question status like it's my job. I even wrote a query to check prefix id, check if it's the "help" thread id and force it to use question status. But the users aren't smart enough to even select the right prefix so that's not helping me either.
Have you considered adding a notice to threads in the section with a bit of guidance of what to do if a question.

I purchased this recently and unfortunately the call to action button doesn't say "ask a question". Tried disabling custom styling, disabling extra add-ons, keeps saying "Post thread".

I'm using latest xenforo and latest stuff from audentio (reactions, ui.x, node styler). I've already opened a ticket about this.

Someone having the same issue? Mind sharing how to get the cta to show as expected as I'm stuck.

Thanks.

Found a bug for https://xenforo.com/community/threads/th-question-and-answer-forums-paid.135615/post-1270783

src\addons\ThemeHouse\QAForums\_data\template_modifications.xml

Line 16:
PHP:
    <replace><![CDATA[<xf:if is="{$thread.th_is_qa_qaforum}">
    {{ phrase('th_ask_question_qaForums') }}
    <xf:else />
    $0
</xf:if>]]></replace>

In this context (forum_view) $thread is null, so the conditional is not working properly. You have to change $thread.th_is_qa_qaforum to $forum.th_qaforum

PHP:
    <replace><![CDATA[<xf:if is="{$forum.th_qaforum}">
    {{ phrase('th_ask_question_qaForums') }}
    <xf:else />
    $0
</xf:if>]]></replace>

Rebuild, force and it will display "ask a question" or whatever you have for that phrase.

Hope it helps.

Sorry if this has been answered before but how to remove "Unanswered questions" from the forum statistics widget.

Top Bottom