[TH] Profile Cover [Deleted]

Lukas W.

katsulynx submitted a new resource:

[KL] Profile Cover - Beautify your user profiles with profile banners.

[KL] Profile Cover
Description

This add-on allows you to hand out permission to your users to upload custom profile covers to fancy up their member profiles.

Features
  • Enhance user profiles with profile covers
  • Full permission control
    • Allow users to upload profile covers
    • Set the maximum file size for...

Read more about this resource...

This is exactly what I've been looking for! The other one didn't cut it for me. And best of all It's free (for non-commercial sites)!

Thank you for releasing free, quality add-ons.

Sorry for keeping you waiting for so long then! I actually had this laying around for about four months now and only just freed the time and brought up the will to finish the polish and upload it. :censored:

Sorry for keeping you waiting for so long then! I actually had this laying around for about four months now and only just freed the time and brought up the will to finish the polish and upload it. :censored:

No worries! I wonder what else you have laying around.

After having installing the add-on, I have two three suggestions, which I feel will bring the add-on to feature complete.
  • Option to set a default profile cover for everyone.
  • Be able to drag the image to a desired position.
  • Edit: Also be able to change the height of the cover.
Thank you!

No worries! I wonder what else you have laying around.

A lot! :whistle:

Also be able to change the height of the cover.
The height of the cover is pretty much the height of the container (the bluish area). I must admit I can't remember if I have any hard checks for the resolution in place right now, but it works fine with UI.X as well:
8kPc6gp.png

Option to set a default profile cover for everyone.
You can do this with CSS. Add this to your Extra.less:
Code:
.memberHeader-main {
    background: url('http://url.to/your.img');
}

Be able to drag the image to a desired position.

That'll require a bunch of changes in the fundamential code, but I'll give it consideration.

The height of the cover is pretty much the height of the container (the bluish area). I must admit I can't remember if I have any hard checks for the resolution in place right now, but it works fine with UI.X as well:

Okay thank you!

This works, thank you very much!

That'll require a bunch of changes in the fundamential code, but I'll give it consideration.

Okay no worries, just a consideration would be great!

Sweet one. Suggestion: allow background image, font sizes & colors aswell on /profile, this would be an all-rounder then.

It'd be nice to have options to set a background image, the font size and the font color to customize profile pages furthermore. I assumed this would be a fit place to make a suggestion^^

It'd be nice to have options to set a background image, the font size and the font color to customize profile pages furthermore. I assumed this would be a fit place to make a suggestion^^
Ah, now I get it, was a bit confused at first, sorry. I don't think I'll include that however.

I'm pretty sure another add-on that does that. This add-on clearly says "Profile Cover" meaning it only handles profile cover.

The problem that all these cover addons have, is the formatting of the image. Usually you end up with a crapy cropped photo.

There needs to be some sort of resolution guidelines or a way to auto resize the image so it fits properly.

I feel like the ability to drag and resize the image to a desired position and scale is great in that it allows each user to have their banner looking exactly how they want it. The size of the photo the user wants to use isn't as important as the aspect ratio in this case, and they can focus their profile on the content they want regardless of where it is in the image. However, with all previous XF1 implementations of this, the editing and maneuvering of the image when setting the background was usually very inconsistent and had numerous bugs across browsers.

I would be willing to pay a much larger premium for an add-on that achieved this effect successfully.

A lot! :whistle:

8kPc6gp.png

Code:
.memberHeader-main {
    background: url('http://url.to/your.img');
}

Looks awesome! And really it is free add-on? :)
Will you release on xF1 profile cover too?

Hey, this look awesome!

I have a question, can we add a overlay on top of the background image? On UIX as seens in the screen capture attached to this post, the text is on the cover area. So if I put text in white with a white profile picture, it won't work, vice-versa. The overlay would fix that design problem imo.

If this could be implemented, I would buy that addon 100% sure :)

Attachments

• cover.gif
    cover.gif
    169.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Hey, this look awesome!

I have a question, can we add a overlay on top of the background image? On UIX as seens in the screen capture attached to this post, the text is on the cover area. So if I put text in white with a white profile picture, it won't work, vice-versa. The overlay would fix that design problem imo.

If this could be implemented, I would buy that addon 100% sure :)
I have a same problem with UIX template

Top Bottom