1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained [TH] Post Titles 1.0.2

Add titles to posts, including new sidebar in threads to easily navigate to posts by title.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Jon W submitted a new resource:

Post Titles by Waindigo - Add titles to posts, including new sidebar in threads to easily navigate to posts by title.

Read more about this resource...

2. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Jon, appreciate all the contributions...

Just a small suggestion though, in regards to the majority of your add-ons.

Is it possible to add some screens to some of your modifications? I can read, and understand what is going on. Sometimes though, a visual would be really helpful. I have no idea where this lines up, no idea what the sidebar looks like, etc. This or other modifications I might be interested in installing at XFUniverse, but again, I am not entirely sure what I am getting into upon installing these.

KozmoK, Jon W, Rob and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

I've added a couple of screenshots.

4. KozmoK

KozmoK Active Member

Even after the screenshots, I still have no idea what this is about.

5. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Jon W updated Post Titles by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1 released

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. sami simo

sami simo Well-Known Member

The addon add a feature that existed in vBulletin:
    add titles to posts. plus ability to list all title posts in the sidebar.
    in my site I'm using this to publish , very long texts, books, long articles. etc...
    posts are in the reality sections or chapters.
    the widget navigation helps organize and indexes those sections.

7. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

8. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

9. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Jon, with this addon installed, an import of a VB4 forum into a current XF forum errors with the below
    Code:
    Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'allow_post_titles_waindigo' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
    XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
    XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 599
    XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1253
    XenForo_Model_Import->importForum() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1999
    XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importForumTree() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 2018
    XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importForumTree() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1951
    XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepForums() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
    XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 239
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 182
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/matarmatar/public_html/admin.php at line 13

10. Langtrees

Langtrees Member

Hi

I'm using 1.5.2 and i installed your plug in how ever the post title is not showing above the post. I have box above the post box for a title but nothing appears when i put post title in

11. classicparts

classicparts Member

I'd love to see this addon updated to work with XenForo 1.5.x. Some of my users really miss this feature from vB3.

12. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Threadmarks can be used as a replacement, but there isn't a vb3/vb4 importer for it. I may publish my version which adds a lot more functionality if there is interest.

Crazy-Achmet, Argema and sbj like this.
  13. classicparts

classicparts Member

Oh, thank you for the suggestion! I was trying to see if there was another similar addon out there but didn't find that one. I'll install it and try it out, but I'd also have interest in seeing how your addon works as well.

14. Argema

Argema Member

Yes Xon, I would be interested in adding a title to a single post in Xenforo.
    I migrated from vB 3.8 and some users are missing this feature.
    Thanks in any case.

15. Crazy-Achmet

Crazy-Achmet Active Member

Are you still interested in this? I would even pay for it! :)