[TH] Post Comments [Deleted]

Hello @ThemeHouse,

Is there a way to change the depth of comments (beyond 4), and or perhaps when you reach the depth it could tag the member? Right now, it just removes the reply function.

I think 4 is to much anyway, you really don't want significant conversations happening in post comments IMO.

This addon kills the function of AndyB‘s Change Date addon.
While Comments is active, you can change the date, but without changing the position.
Maybe it is no good idea to use public methods with same name than methods of xf?

This addon kills the function of AndyB‘s Change Date addon.
While Comments is active, you can change the date, but without changing the position.
Maybe it is no good idea to use public methods with same name than methods of xf?
Such a fix wouldn't work but I'd suggest contacting AndyB about this issue to see what he might be able to do to resolve it.

The funny thing is that you both make money with our addons; as a client i have products that dont fit together. Now i am the one who should care? Really? My experiences and time are free for you, so maybe you could und should care and contact AndyB to find a solution for all your customers using both addons, i think.

The funny thing is that you both make money with our addons; as a client i have products that dont fit together. Now i am the one who should care? Really? My experiences and time are free for you, so maybe you could und should care and contact AndyB to find a solution for all your customers using both addons, i think.

There is unfortunately nothing that can be fixed on our end, as we're using/extending the standard XenForo functions and methods. AndyB's add-on is not, hence the applicable fix would be for him to change his add-on to do so. He's shot down various requests from us in the past to do so, so there's nothing left that we can do, quite unfortunately, other than hope for him to change his stance on things.

BTW: Can you please add the old function again, that a comment is only readable from the poster and the commenter?
This was the most important function in the old version in xf1 for me. It is only an ugp and some template stuff, while a realy query would be better.

He's shot down various requests from us in the past to do so, so there's nothing left that we can do, quite unfortunately, other than hope for him to change his stance on things
Wasn't he required to update all his add-ons to standards by the XenForo team else they'd be removed?

Hi there!

One of my members discovered that when you've reached a depth of 4 with comments the 4th comment loses the 'Select to quote' function.
Screenshot_5.webpScreenshot_6.webp

With the latest version of post comments, it seems I am unable to see a comment button, or a reply button available. I have narrowed it down to post comments since the reply button appears once the addon is disabled.
sv6x8kz.png

I am on a different account in this screenshot. It didn't work with the same account either.
T5VZY6b.png

With the latest version of post comments, it seems I am unable to see a comment button, or a reply button available. I have narrowed it down to post comments since the reply button appears once the addon is disabled.
sv6x8kz.png

I am on a different account in this screenshot. It didn't work with the same account either.
T5VZY6b.png
Uncheck Replace reply and multi-quote links within [TH] Post Comments option and be sure that the user groups that your other account is assigned to has the permission Can Comment on Post set to allow.

On our forum upgrade I'm really liking Post Comments, and more importantly, the members seem to be using them for their intended purpose most of the time. An issue I've found however is that if someone posts in a thread I own and thus have alerts on, it flags as unread. Clicking on the thread is taking me directly to the post comment (great!) but the thread remains in an unread state.
I'm able to replicate this as well, I'll get an issue created on it.
Do you know if a fix is coming soon for this issue? It's really frustrating for my users constantly having unread threads due to post comments. It's making them despise this plugin.

On our forum upgrade I'm really liking Post Comments, and more importantly, the members seem to be using them for their intended purpose most of the time. An issue I've found however is that if someone posts in a thread I own and thus have alerts on, it flags as unread. Clicking on the thread is taking me directly to the post comment (great!) but the thread remains in an unread state.

I am experiencing the same issue.

People use comments
The thread gets labeled as new unread content.
I read the thread completely.
Thread is still marked as unread.

My users are complaining about it. A fix is appreciated.

I am experiencing the same issue.

People use comments
The thread gets labeled as new unread content.
I read the thread completely.
Thread is still marked as unread.

My users are complaining about it. A fix is appreciated.
An issue has been created on this before and can be viewed here.

Back
Top Bottom