[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons

[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons 1.1.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
The add-on works but I found the following in error log:

View attachment 261252

View attachment 261254

Code:
Stack trace
#0 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/th_node_list_grid_nodes.less.php(99): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] A n...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 99)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1680): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('th_node_list_gr...', Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/node_list.less.php(727): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:th_node_...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#5 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(333): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('node_list.less', Array, false)
#6 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(260): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplate('public:node_lis...', NULL)
#7 src/addons/ThemeHouse/UIX/XF/CssRenderer.php(40): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#8 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(118): ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#9 src/XF/CssWriter.php(55): XF\CssRenderer->render(Array)
#10 src/addons/SV/RedisCache/XF/CssWriter.php(53): XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 3, 1, '869c80d2f4f598c...')
#11 css.php(30): SV\RedisCache\XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 3, 1, '869c80d2f4f598c...')
#12 {main}
Are you on the latest version? 1.1.1 Patch Level 1 fixed this issue.

Is there an easy way to make nodes on the last row evenly spread over the whole row? I'm not using the 'Advanced' mode.

Is there an easy way to make nodes on the last row evenly spread over the whole row? I'm not using the 'Advanced' mode.
Hello securedme! Unfortunately, this isn't something you can simply do through the add-ons options. It would require some custom CSS in order to either switch the container for a node grid to use flexbox and set the items to flex-grow:1 or just target the node specifically and set it to use 2 columns.

Hello securedme! Unfortunately, this isn't something you can simply do through the add-ons options. It would require some custom CSS in order to either switch the container for a node grid to use flexbox and set the items to flex-grow:1 or just target the node specifically and set it to use 2 columns.

I don't really get it.

Take the demo site at https://demo.themehouse.com/xf2/themes/ as an example. How do I make the last node(s) to fully occupy the last row?

1642576677286.webp
1642576848726.webp

How do I make it so it will only show two columns instead of the normal four columns?
When setting up my nodes I made sure that the maximum columns are set to only 2 within Forums > Node layout and styling > Default node layout and styling under Node grid.

When setting up my nodes I made sure that the maximum columns are set to only 2 within Forums > Node layout and styling > Default node layout and styling under Node grid.

That is what I also thought and my one is set to 2 but it still shows 4 on the forum list.

@mattrogowski I was wondering the future of this add-on since TH is not doing add-ons anymore and this has not been updated. I know some of the add-ons have been open sourced and developers have picked them up. I just don't want my site to go grid and then this not work later on thanks!

GIF by Paramount Movies

@mattrogowski I was wondering the future of this add-on since TH is not doing add-ons anymore and this has not been updated. I know some of the add-ons have been open sourced and developers have picked them up. I just don't want my site to go grid and then this not work later on thanks!
Any updates on this?
This add-on is free with limited support as per this recent blog article although the last version that was pushed was 1.1.1 Patch Level 1.

Is this add on capable of replicating this?
IMHO the problem of this addon is this:
I noticed on the (UI.X2-)Demo Page, that first the complete node list has to be loaded from the server for the node list to show up. Though I have a fast internet connection, I first see the sidebar and about 0.3 seconds later the node list.
I'd work with pure CSS, see the Template modifications resources for reference, e.g.

IMHO the problem of this addon is this:

I'd work with pure CSS, see the Template modifications resources for reference, e.g.

Thanks for sharing but this is designed for advanced grid tools not just CSS. There are js utilities for targeting specific rows, columns, and cells. If you don't need that, CSS will work fine. Considering this addon was first released nearly eight years ago or something it's fair it could be rebuilt in part with flex box only these days

"Use advanced node grid" creates serious lag. Is there any plan to improve this?
No, Id argue this addon is obsolete with modern UX patterns. If I had a client who wanted to use this regardless, I might look into a CSS solution custom for them so no js is required. If you want to play, this addon is useful for that and doing very complex grid formations.

I came up with the node grid idea ten years ago. Before modern css has even adopted grid and flexbox css techniques. Its really not something anyone should be doing anymore per se. And if you do want to do it, a small performance hit makes sense.

Top Bottom