[TH] Mandatory Fields [Deleted]

I will release an update shortly. I want to make sure that I have not uploaded an old version.

Download the file manually and open the file "addon-Waindigo_MandatoryFields.xml" the and find

Code:
<addon addon_id="Waindigo_MandatoryFields" title="Mandatory Fields by Waindigo" version_string="1.0.0c" version_id="1396535388" url="https://waindigo.com" install_callback_class="Waindigo_Install" install_callback_method="install" uninstall_callback_class="Waindigo_Install" uninstall_callback_method="uninstall">

Update the entry "version_id="1396535388" to version_id="1402382279"

Do this the following files:
/upload/addon-Waindigo_MandatoryFields.xml
/upload/install/data/addon-Waindigo-MandatoryFields.xml

Then rezip the file and upload again.

Or just download this file ;)

This worked. I'm usually pretty good about backing up my databases and homedir before installing add-ons...now I'm going to be really good at it.

Just a note, the .xml file is not located in /upload/ in the add-on zip file, it is in the base folder (doesn't get uploaded) but the file is located in the /upload/install/data/ dir.

Now I get this

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_MandatoryFields_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account::actionmandatory-fields() - library/Tapatalk/Bridge.php:639
Generated By: fit, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(50) "https://**********************/mobiquo.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Now I get this

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_MandatoryFields_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account::actionmandatory-fields() - library/Tapatalk/Bridge.php:639
Generated By: fit, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(50) "https://**********************/mobiquo.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

yup, same here.

I was getting an error when the user was trying to save the mandatory field. I am on the latest. Had to disable addon.
I remember you PM'd about it, I wasn't able to replicate the issue unfortunately. Do you have any further information on how the error is triggered? PS - i don't know which conversation your message is in!

Since upgrading yesterday afternoon I have about 5 pages of this error:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function render() on a non-object - mobiquo/mobiquo.php:78
Generated By: fit, Today at 8:13 AM
Stack Trace

#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "https://****************/mobiquo.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

And I have 2 users with instances of multiple error logs like this:

Code:
XenForo_Exception: Cannot reroute controller to itself (XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account::actionMandatoryFields) - library/XenForo/FrontController.php:475
Generated By: Ricky, Today at 8:36 AM
Stack Trace

#0 /***********/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(355): XenForo_FrontController->_handleControllerResponse(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Reroute), 'XenForo_Control...', 'MandatoryFields')
#1 /***********/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#2 /***********/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#3 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "https://***********/account/mandatory-fields"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(8) {
    ["custom_fields"] => array(1) {
      ["userlocation"] => string(17) "Pennsylvania, USA"
    }
    ["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(12) "userlocation"
    }
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["save"] => string(12) "Save Changes"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(8) "/portal/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I'm waiting for a phone call from one of these users because I can't seem to recreate the issue on my end via a test account on Chrome.

I have the add-on active but have no fields checked. I had created a custom user fields called userlocation and made that mandatory upon registration, because I didn't have your add-on. I plan to phase this out and use the add-on function instead, but I haven't done that yet. In my test account, I blanked out the custom field via ACP then logged in and the site did not redirect me to update my profile, which is what I expected, so that was odd.

Having trouble re-creating the error using a test account, but I was on the phone with the user that generated the above error in the log and watched it happen. He is also on chrome, and he is forced to the Extra Information page but when he tries to enter the information, he gets a pop-up error:

The following error occurred:
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

I don't know why I can't re-create it with my test account. I rebuilt the user cache then tried it, that didn't work. I even blanked the field out on my admin account and wasn't re-directed. Maybe it doesn't work like that? Do I need to run a particular cron job? yeah I had to run the Mandatory Fields cron, then I was pushed to the extra information page and got the error

I'm still getting this error on Tapatalk. It makes the site inaccessible via TT, the end user sees a pop-up "Fatal Error: Call to a member function render() on a non-object".

Server error
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function render() on a non-object - mobiquo/mobiquo.php:78
Generated By: fit, Today at 8:13 AM
Stack Trace

#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "https://****************/mobiquo.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I'm guessing that part of the issue is that you can't edit/fill out and of the profile fields via TT, so it just errors out...am I right?

If so, is there a way to bypass the mandate if a user is on TT? Kind of defeats the purpose of the add-on but I'm willing to live with that.

Yer, I think a bypass is what you are going to need.

If you're willing/able to make a contribution toward this, please drop me a PM. I'm going to have to grab a copy of TT and investigate how to do this, so it is more than just a few minutes of work (otherwise I would've done it for free).

Does this work on 1.4.

All I need is it to force people to fill out the mandatory Location and a new mandatory custom field the next time they log in.

Top Bottom