[TH] Live Threads [Deleted]

I've been having this issue where I (a super admin) have not been able to get my posts to update live when I post under my super admin account. Now, as the super admin, I can see other users posts updating, but they will not see my posts.

Any thoughts? I seem to have the permissions set properly, but I cannot view my posts with a regular user test account.
This is very strange.

Does it work with this add-on disabled?

To test this out, have another user open a thread. You should then post in that thread. They should then save a draft message, at which point a message should pop up saying there are new messages available. If they click this link they should see your message. If not, it may be that another add-on is interfering.

Last edited:
This add-on causes alerts for watched threads to stop functioning.

They weren't working and once I deactivated this add-on, they started working again. Just thought I'd let you know.

1> Can guests that are unable to reply, view the live refreshing?

2> How does the min and max work for server load? I have been using @sonnb live thread and it refreshes on a set interval. Why is it better to have the range?

3> Is there any marker in the live thread so that people know it is live? I would like users to have some sort of visual notification that the thread is live so they aren't manually refreshing on top of it as well for no reason. With other mods, I get an editable phrase near the quick reply box.

I LOVE that you limit the posts shown at a time. That is HUGE.
Add-on works initially in my basic testing, but I usually have 100+ people in one thread and 30+ replying during certain live events. So I don't know how things will be once that is going.

Thank you for your input.

1> Can guests that are unable to reply, view the live refreshing?
It is permission based, so you can turn the permission off for anyone who has no permission to reply.

2> How does the min and max work for server load? I have been using @sonnb live thread and it refreshes on a set interval. Why is it better to have the range?
By having a range of intervals, it makes it more responsive when the thread is most active and then puts less pressure on the server when the thread is less busy. If you don't want the range, just set them both to the same value.

3> Is there any marker in the live thread so that people know it is live? I would like users to have some sort of visual notification that the thread is live so they aren't manually refreshing on top of it as well for no reason. With other mods, I get an editable phrase near the quick reply box.
You could add something like the following to your thread_view template:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$thread.live_waindigo}">THIS IS A LIVE THREAD</xen:if>

It is permission based, so you can turn the permission off for anyone who has no permission to reply.

I do understand that. I was just confused by your permissions that say "Live refresh thread (requires post replies)". I just didn't understand what that meant.
I DO WANT my guests to see a live refresh

By having a range of intervals, it makes it more responsive when the thread is most active and then puts less pressure on the server when the thread is less busy. If you don't want the range, just set them both to the same value.
I want whatever is easier on the server when my site is busy. It sounds like the interval allows a "smoothing" of that spike for refresh.

You could add something like the following to your thread_view template:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$thread.live_waindigo}">THIS IS A LIVE THREAD</xen:if>
[/quote]
BRILLIANT. Thank you so much!

I will be running a large event thread this weekend. If all goes well, I'll move from a free version to a paid version.

For anyone else reading, this waindigo live thread works with xenporta2 while I have had issues using that mod and other live thread add-ons.

Hi there, would it be possible to add a timer of sorts to have the live thread disable after no one has replied for some period.

We use live threads for weekly events. I allow multiple staff to start the live thread and I worry about the thread staying live for extended periods and using resources for no reason.

It also seems to hide the first post (the thread starter post) when I activate. Is that by design?

Sometimes it hides first post. Strange

Last edited:
Alright, running a live thread with a major sporting event tonight. So far found that the thread will not go live unless the user has permission to live/unlive thread.
Currently praying for the good nature of my users not to unlive things.

Also reply goes to full reply only. No quick reply. By design?

Last edited:
i managed to fix permission by doing few edits, sadly i cant fix the quick reply fix which makes the mod basically unusable

oh well

Is there anyway to enable the Live thread by default? (instead of ticking the Live option while creating thread, I mean)

@Jon W I saw some questions about using a CDN with this add-on, but nothing further...

Will this add-on work with a CloudFlare forum?

Also, just want to make sure I understand the usage correctly. A "admin" marks a thread as Live, then everyone sees it as live right? Users don't have the ability to turn it on or off on their own? Meaning user A can be reading the thread in the standard way, and Users B & C can be looking at it live.

Can it be enabled automatically via a cron job for live events? I'd like to use it for football games and have the ability to have the thread go live say an hour before the game starts and then an hour after it ends. Is this possible?

Top Bottom