[TH] Latest Content Live Updates [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse submitted a new resource:

[TH] Latest Content Live Updates - Stop hitting refresh and get a live feed of your community.

hero-latest_2x.png

Latest Content Live Updates
Stop...

Read more about this resource...

hopefully, it would not require a lot of work to get it to work on 2.2. maybe it would work out of the box. as latest activity page does not seem to treat different content types differently.

bit confused about the need to show the Live updates message that takes an entire row. i assume i can just get rid of it using css? i mean sure it does indicate that something has changed. but seems pointless to have it there permanently!

i initially thought that it paused the updates but on macrumors live page it does not seem to do anything? or is that restricted for members?

Does this honorr read/unread marking?
Does it include XFMG, XFRM, and Profile Posts?

Last edited:
Bought and installed this add-on on my XF 2.1 forum, /whats-new/latest-activity
is not workin/refreshing, so add-on does not work on my forum.
Opened a ticket at themehouse, hope they will respond soon because this is the add-on i was looking for a long time ago!

Bought and installed this add-on on my XF 2.1 forum, /whats-new/latest-activity
is not workin/refreshing, so add-on does not work on my forum.
Opened a ticket at themehouse, hope they will respond soon because this is the add-on i was looking for a long time ago!
Hello @Marcel Broekema - I've just responded to your ticket and I'll be awaiting to hear back from you! :)

I’m not sure read unread marking makes sense since these are individual posts and links to individual posts. And always the latest post.

if you click on a link it takes you to the post. Just like how it works in here:

If you do visit a post. The thread gets marked read, since it’s the last post generally

Clicking a thread title in What's New takes you to the new post as well. If you mean because the post is partially in the feed well that is truncated and strips certain elements so you haven't actually read it until you click it. Titles should be bold foe unread only.

Last edited:
so i am running this addon on native xenforo theme (different color theme though) on my board. can be checked here. there is a bug with (occassional) repeated content in the feed that has been reported and accepted by the developers.

Top Bottom