[TH] Join User Group [Deleted]

Is it possible to add an option to inform the user that his request was granted/dismissed ?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Yes, mine did.
I decided for now to just disable the Waindigo add-on, then install the TH one. It felt a bit lest risky, and it worked.

The only problem so far was that I did have to set the add-on permissions for the usergroups again. Not a big deal.

Last edited:
So - if you set up your forum on version 1.2 when the directory was called "Waindigo" and now the directory is named "ThemeHouse" you're screwed? You have to re-do all of the usergroups you set up before?

It's not really a big deal for me. We have regional groups for our club, and the main function on the old system as that you could send a bulk mail to people in that group, or make an announcement that would only go to people in that group. So there were no permissions tied to it, more of a vanity thing.

So at this point, all I think I need to do is synch the usergroups that were imported with the joinable groups, because right now if someone is part of Groups A, B, and D on the core side, they still don't show as part of that group on the "join" side, even though they are. Once they are synched, anyone can join and leave and they will stay synched automatically. We never touch these on the ACP side.

I could probably dig through the database and figure out the query to run, lord knows I trained myself in that doing this conversion. Just was hoping someone could point me to the table and maybe spell out the query and save me the time :)

@Jon W this is starting to now become an issue.

If I have someone assigned as a moderator of a group, the only members of the group that show up are the ones that have gone to their profile and clicked "join group". Prior to the installation of this addon, there were 127 users in one particular group, but after I add the mod, he can only see 24 of them. Because those are the only 24 that went to their profile and added themselves to the group. The addon defaults that no one has anything checked in the "join" group, even though they are actually part of the base group.

This is really confusing me. Where is the database field that controls whether or not someone has joined a joinable group? There seems to be no connection between these 2 fields and when you make an existing group joinable, nothing it snychronized. It's fine if I have to do it manually initially, but I just need to know how to do it!!

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. I still have 2 groups, one existed and I made it joinable but only those who joined the group after the addon are part of the "joinable" group. NO database table I can find for this addon.

IMO this needs a complete rewrite of some kind

So - if you set up your forum on version 1.2 when the directory was called "Waindigo" and now the directory is named "ThemeHouse" you're screwed? You have to re-do all of the usergroups you set up before?
No for me. All Joinable User Groups ( /admin.php?joinable-user-groups/ ) and related permissions remained as is.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. I still have 2 groups, one existed and I made it joinable but only those who joined the group after the addon are part of the "joinable" group. NO database table I can find for this addon.

From what I could ascertain ....

A list of your joinable user groups ...
Code:
select * from xf_user_group where joinable = 1;

A list of users that are members of a secondary usergroup, where xx = your user group id ...
Code:
select username from xf_user where find_in_set('xx',secondary_group_ids) > 0;

A list of user join requests currently awaiting action (should generally be empty) ...
Code:
select * from xf_moderation_queue_joinable_user_group;

Workflow ...
i) joinable user groups are shown to users (providing the have the permission to join user groups)
ii) a request for membership to a joinable user group creates a record in xf_moderation_queue_joinable_user_group
iii) (super)moderator actions the join request, with the record in xf_moderation_queue_joinable_user_group then being removed.
iv) if approved, the joinable user group id is added to the xf_user record in the comma separated secondary_group_ids field (as does standard ACP editing of user accounts)

I'm nervous about switching from the Waindigo version (which is working fine) to this one. Following this thread.

All permissions seem to have remained in the upgrade, but I did have to re-add the settings and text in User Groups -> Joinable User Groups. Fortunately, I took screenshots beforehand.

I get the below error after upgrading to xf1.5.6. I was on a user profile page and clicked Moderator Tools -> Edit :

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'joinable' in 'where clause'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in ThemeHouse/JoinUserGroup/Model/JoinableUserGroup.php at line 57
  6. ThemeHouse_JoinUserGroup_Model_JoinableUserGroup->getJoinableUserGroups() in ThemeHouse/JoinUserGroup/Model/JoinableUserGroup.php at line 23
  7. ThemeHouse_JoinUserGroup_Model_JoinableUserGroup->getJoinableUserGroupOptions() in ThemeHouse/JoinUserGroup/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 22
  8. ThemeHouse_JoinUserGroup_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->_getUserAddEditResponse() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 360
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in

Edit: I also get the error when I go to the "account/join-user-groups" page. Looks like a column has gone missing?!!

Edit 2: This is the table def I have now:
> desc xf_user_group;
+------------------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+------------------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| user_group_id | int(10) unsigned | NO | PRI | NULL | auto_increment |
| title | varchar(50) | NO | MUL | NULL | |
| display_style_priority | int(10) unsigned | NO | | 0 | |
| username_css | text | NO | | NULL | |
| user_title | varchar(100) | NO | | | |
| banner_css_class | varchar(75) | NO | | | |
| banner_text | varchar(100) | NO | | | |

Reading your ThemeHouse/JoinUserGroup/Install/Controller.php file, it seems several columns are missing: joinable, joinable_moderated, joinable_moderator_user_ids, description and required_fields.

What to do? Re-install the add-on?

Last edited:
I get the below error after upgrading to xf1.5.6. I was on a user profile page and clicked Moderator Tools -> Edit :

Edit: I also get the error when I go to the "account/join-user-groups" page. Looks like a column has gone missing?!!

Edit 2: This is the table def I have now:

Reading your ThemeHouse/JoinUserGroup/Install/Controller.php file, it seems several columns are missing: joinable, joinable_moderated, joinable_moderator_user_ids, description and required_fields.

What to do? Re-install the add-on?

Looks like the install may not have run correctly. You can try reinstalling it, or if you have [TH] Install and Upgrade installed you can use the "Rebuild Add-on" option in the "Options" dropdown on your "List Add-ons" page.

Jake

Looks like the install may not have run correctly. You can try reinstalling it, or if you have [TH] Install and Upgrade installed you can use the "Rebuild Add-on" option in the "Options" dropdown on your "List Add-ons" page.

Jake
Well, I already had this add-on installed and working fine. It was after upgrading to XF1.5.6 that the problem appeared.

Anyway, I tried your solution - rebuilding. That took care of the error, but now I don't have any joinable user groups.

I do have a database backup .... It will be interesting to try and restore only the missing usergroup parts! :(

Well, I already had this add-on installed and working fine. It was after upgrading to XF1.5.6 that the problem appeared.

Anyway, I tried your solution - rebuilding. That took care of the error, but now I don't have any joinable user groups.

I do have a database backup .... It will be interesting to try and restore only the missing usergroup parts! :(

I'm not sure why an upgrade to XF 1.5.6 would cause those columns to drop. You will need to set your groups to joinable again since those columns were removed somehow.

I'm not sure why an upgrade to XF 1.5.6 would cause those columns to drop.
Same here ...!
You will need to set your groups to joinable again since those columns were removed somehow.
Ah, that seems to have done the trick! I thought maybe more usergroup-related data had been wiped. All back to normal now, it seems.

I am wondering, the custom fields data, are they supposed to be shown in the moderation queue as well so you can see in there what people have filled in when you enabled custom forms?

edit: nvm i figured it out :)
The addon is amazing !

Last edited:
I do not see any option for moderation queue or admins do not get alerts about some one wants to join the group to approve or what not were is this option as I wounder if this even works.

@Mouth I didn't read your post clearly enough

From what I could ascertain ....

A list of your joinable user groups ...
Code:
select * from xf_user_group where joinable = 1;

A list of users that are members of a secondary usergroup, where xx = your user group id ...
Code:
select username from xf_user where find_in_set('xx',secondary_group_ids) > 0;

A list of user join requests currently awaiting action (should generally be empty) ...
Code:
select * from xf_moderation_queue_joinable_user_group;

Workflow ...
i) joinable user groups are shown to users (providing the have the permission to join user groups)
ii) a request for membership to a joinable user group creates a record in xf_moderation_queue_joinable_user_group
iii) (super)moderator actions the join request, with the record in xf_moderation_queue_joinable_user_group then being removed.
iv) if approved, the joinable user group id is added to the xf_user record in the comma separated secondary_group_ids field (as does standard ACP editing of user accounts)

this isn't really what I was pointing out.

The issue is that when you make a usergroup joinable, then you go into any user's detail screen in the ACP, you will see the normal list of User Groups, and then you have a second set of User Groups that are joinable - the latter is simply a "mirror" or a subset of the normally configured usergroups. The problem is that let's say you have everyone in the Registered group as primary like you should and then you have a secondary user group called "blah" and you have 10000 users, 1000 of which are in "blah" as secondary (including yourself). Now you make that group joinable. Now go to one of those user screens, you will see that "blah" is checked, as it should be, but under the joinable groups it is not checked. Now go to your profile Join User Groups screen and you will see that even though you actually are in that user group, it still shows shows you the option to join it. So you have the appearance of not being in the group even though you are.

There is no database table that correlates the check box of the joinable user group. It is some random phantom check box setting and I can't figure out for the life of me how to take everyone who is in this above situation (they are part of the secondary group but not part of the joinable group) and fix that.

Anybody know what the cost is for branding free?

I'm needing to either install this, or the password addon for access to a couple forums. Like this one, but don't like the idea of a bunch of links in my footer.

Top Bottom