[TH] Indicate Threads with Staff Replies [Deleted]

just a little note about a problem i came across while trying to fix a friends xf2.1.3 forum. with the addon being active it causes a permission problem for pretty much everything once a new user signs up (at least the automated way with with email confirmation). as soon as the user confirms his email he is greeted by a 'oops, there is a problem, you don't have permission to view....' when he goes back into the forum for threads, posts, pm's. only way to solve that was to manually rebuild the user cache in tools (or i guess to set up a cron job to do so). as soon as the addon is disabled the problem is fixed and everything is back to normal. it seems to do that even with all addons disabled and only [TH] Indicate Threads with Staff Replies active. it may needs some looking into at some point or an explanation what else should be tweaked in order to avoid this error.

cheers, L

just a little note about a problem i came across while trying to fix a friends xf2.1.3 forum. with the addon being active it causes a permission problem for pretty much everything once a new user signs up (at least the automated way with with email confirmation). as soon as the user confirms his email he is greeted by a 'oops, there is a problem, you don't have permission to view....' when he goes back into the forum for threads, posts, pm's. only way to solve that was to manually rebuild the user cache in tools (or i guess to set up a cron job to do so). as soon as the addon is disabled the problem is fixed and everything is back to normal. it seems to do that even with all addons disabled and only [TH] Indicate Threads with Staff Replies active. it may needs some looking into at some point or an explanation what else should be tweaked in order to avoid this error.

cheers, L
Interesting, I'll see if I am able to replicate the same issue on my demo. I'll then report it on our issue tracker.

I was able to replicate this on my demo and have reported it on our issue tracker.
ok great (well not really, but you know what i mean). i was still having my doubts if i am missing something you will hit me with the xenforo manual on the head for ;).
glad it is replicate-able on your end as well and we can look forward to a fix in the near future.
thx for taking the time to check it out.

cheers, L

@Dalton Prock

When trying to uninstall this addon (have the latest version on XF 2.2), I get this:

XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: xf_thread: MySQL query error [1118]: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228

1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/Schema/AbstractDdl.php at line 151
  5. XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply() in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 149
  6. XF\Db\SchemaManager->alterTable() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/StaffTracker/Setup.php at line 53
  7. ThemeHouse\StaffTracker\Setup->uninstallStep1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUninstallTrait.php at line 59
  8. ThemeHouse\StaffTracker\Setup->uninstallStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUninstallTrait.php at line 26
  9. ThemeHouse\StaffTracker\Setup->uninstall() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 643
  10. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUninstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2326
  15. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 488
  16. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

What exactly do I need to do here? TIA

I just tried this add-on on your demo site. Seems the view permission is not per user group basis... otherwise it would be a great tool for moderation.

Top Bottom