[TH] Hotspots [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

Audentio Design submitted a new resource:

[TH] Hotspots - Allow users to pin locations on maps of the world or any custom maps of your choice.

This add-on allows users to pin locations or hotspots to maps to be viewed by other users.

Users can also browse the full list of hotspots and view extra information about the hotspot, including a full BB code description, link to an image, link to a description and date that it was pinned.

Hotspots and hotspot categories can also be managed from the Admin Control Panel. There are also options for setting default map co-ordinates, zoom and limits.

New maps can be created as nodes enabling...

Read more about this resource...

@ThemeHouse @Audentio Design @Jake B.

Despite my objections, I have paid for this product because it is a must on my community. How do I update from the Waindigo version without data loss?

You just install it as a new add-on while the waindigo version is still installed. Probably a good idea to take a backup first. If anything goes wrong shoot me a pm and I'll help you out.

Also, since it is paid now we will be able to provide better support than before.

You just install it as a new add-on while the waindigo version is still installed. Probably a good idea to take a backup first. If anything goes wrong shoot me a pm and I'll help you out.

Also, since it is paid now we will be able to provide better support than before.
This add-on cannot be installed as you have Hotspots by Waindigo installed. Please either uninstall it first, or use [⌂] Install and Upgrade to upgrade to the new ThemeHouse version.

This add-on cannot be installed as you have Hotspots by Waindigo installed. Please either uninstall it first, or use [⌂] Install and Upgrade to upgrade to the new ThemeHouse version.

Ah right, forgot to mention. You need to install the rebranded version of Install & Upgrade. You can uninstall it as soon as you update the add-on.

This is just wrong. I was the one that paid waindigo a lot of money to develop this for my site and I also gave him all the code that I had previously purchased for my old non xf site to convert to xf on the condition that it I owned it. He then released it as his own, sold it to you and now I have to pay a yearly fee for it.

This is just wrong. I was the one that paid waindigo a lot of money to develop this for my site and I also gave him all the code that I had previously purchased for my old non xf site to convert to xf on the condition that it I owned it. He then released it as his own, sold it to you

This is not unusual. A lot of add-ons ended up with Waindigo, because he bought them or took them over from other developers or owners of the code. Otherwise he would not have been in the position to distribute such a huge number of add-ons. There was a time when a lot of privately sponsored never released add-ons were available from failed forums. Waindigo took all of them to release them under his name.

and now I have to pay a yearly fee for it.

This is not correct. @Mike Creuzer said somewhere here that you just have to contact him and prove your right to get a free license.

or took them over from other developers or owners of the code
He didn't take over, he stole the code as I provided him with the code that I purchased from another party for him to convert to XF for me and then released my adapted code after I paid him hundreds of dollars.

This is why I now pay developers external to XF to develop some fantastic addons and very rarely now approach XF specific developers...case in point is the new menu system that I use on my site which all my site users rave about or the News Reader that lets you see the entire rss feed web page and not just an rss snippet and all done in categories instead of sending users away from your site and much more. I also have 2 extremely huge addons currently being developed by external developers that are costing me thousands of dollars. The thing is I am all for making them available to the community but the whole Waindigo thing left a very nasty taste in my mouth along with the buying of addons and losing all my money like all those from the developer Michael who seems to regularly take your money, not deliver, pack up and leave and popup somewhere else to do the same. There are some but very few great developers so please don't get me wrong, I've just been bitten too many times over the last 15 years

This is just wrong. I was the one that paid waindigo a lot of money to develop this for my site and I also gave him all the code that I had previously purchased for my old non xf site to convert to xf on the condition that it I owned it. He then released it as his own, sold it to you and now I have to pay a yearly fee for it.
As @HWS mentioned, we are happy to give you a free lifetime license. We have no way of knowing who paid for what. Most all add-ons are funded by someone, hence they exist. A lot of developers create on a personal need basis, but a good few here are funded. When we took over the add-on, we were not given any information on who funded what or when or how. Just that we were to take over. Jon kept rights to all code he wrote, he did not steal it. He did so to benefit the community as a whole since he would be able to give the code out for free. This was not sustainable, but he tried and we back his effort.

When I try to upgrade, I get this: The specified add-on does not match the add-on you chose to upgrade. I have the Waindigo version installed and the current version of Install & Upgrade, but this is happening on all of the paid TH versions of old Waindigo addons I'm trying to upgrade to.

Top Bottom