1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TH] Hotspots [Paid] 1.1.3

Allow users to pin locations on maps

1. ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse Well-Known Member

Audentio Design submitted a new resource:

[TH] Hotspots - Allow users to pin locations on maps of the world or any custom maps of your choice.

Read more about this resource...

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

upload_2015-11-25_10-43-45.png
    upload_2015-11-25_10-43-53.png

Is the 1.10 a monthly rate ?
    Your site says $10 USD.

To me, $1.10 is different than $10.

Is there no setting in the RM to reflect one time vs monthly charges ?

Mike Creuzer likes this.
  3. ThemeHouse

It was a typo, it's been fixed.

Jake

4. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam Active Member

Does this differ from the old waindigo version?

Xanin likes this.
  5. Kerby

Kerby Active Member

screenshots would be nice ;)

6. Shiro

Shiro Well-Known Member

Disgusted that this is now a paid product.

7. Shiro

Shiro Well-Known Member

@ThemeHouse @Audentio Design @Jake B.

Despite my objections, I have paid for this product because it is a must on my community. How do I update from the Waindigo version without data loss?

8. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

You just install it as a new add-on while the waindigo version is still installed. Probably a good idea to take a backup first. If anything goes wrong shoot me a pm and I'll help you out.

Also, since it is paid now we will be able to provide better support than before.

9. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

I don't think you need to update. Nothing has changed by now, except the branding and the version number.

Digital Doctor and tajhay like this.
  10. Shiro

Shiro Well-Known Member

This add-on cannot be installed as you have Hotspots by Waindigo installed. Please either uninstall it first, or use [⌂] Install and Upgrade to upgrade to the new ThemeHouse version.

11. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

Ah right, forgot to mention. You need to install the rebranded version of Install & Upgrade. You can uninstall it as soon as you update the add-on.

12. Shiro

Shiro Well-Known Member

See PM

13. Xanin

Xanin Member

Will you be addressing some of the outstanding issues with this add-on?

14. ThemeHouse

Yes, could you summarize them here for us?

15. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

This is just wrong. I was the one that paid waindigo a lot of money to develop this for my site and I also gave him all the code that I had previously purchased for my old non xf site to convert to xf on the condition that it I owned it. He then released it as his own, sold it to you and now I have to pay a yearly fee for it.

16. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

This is not unusual. A lot of add-ons ended up with Waindigo, because he bought them or took them over from other developers or owners of the code. Otherwise he would not have been in the position to distribute such a huge number of add-ons. There was a time when a lot of privately sponsored never released add-ons were available from failed forums. Waindigo took all of them to release them under his name.

This is not correct. @Mike Creuzer said somewhere here that you just have to contact him and prove your right to get a free license.

Mike Creuzer likes this.
  17. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

He didn't take over, he stole the code as I provided him with the code that I purchased from another party for him to convert to XF for me and then released my adapted code after I paid him hundreds of dollars.

This is why I now pay developers external to XF to develop some fantastic addons and very rarely now approach XF specific developers...case in point is the new menu system that I use on my site which all my site users rave about or the News Reader that lets you see the entire rss feed web page and not just an rss snippet and all done in categories instead of sending users away from your site and much more. I also have 2 extremely huge addons currently being developed by external developers that are costing me thousands of dollars. The thing is I am all for making them available to the community but the whole Waindigo thing left a very nasty taste in my mouth along with the buying of addons and losing all my money like all those from the developer Michael who seems to regularly take your money, not deliver, pack up and leave and popup somewhere else to do the same. There are some but very few great developers so please don't get me wrong, I've just been bitten too many times over the last 15 years

18. Yodrak

Yodrak Member

It is possible to import kml Data in this Addon?

Some Images would be nice.

19. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Well-Known Member

As @HWS mentioned, we are happy to give you a free lifetime license. We have no way of knowing who paid for what. Most all add-ons are funded by someone, hence they exist. A lot of developers create on a personal need basis, but a good few here are funded. When we took over the add-on, we were not given any information on who funded what or when or how. Just that we were to take over. Jon kept rights to all code he wrote, he did not steal it. He did so to benefit the community as a whole since he would be able to give the code out for free. This was not sustainable, but he tried and we back his effort.

20. squirrly

squirrly Active Member

When I try to upgrade, I get this: The specified add-on does not match the add-on you chose to upgrade. I have the Waindigo version installed and the current version of Install & Upgrade, but this is happening on all of the paid TH versions of old Waindigo addons I'm trying to upgrade to.