[TH] Giphy [Deleted]

Yeah, but it doesn't say that they have to be logos. It only says "attribution" and one way of doing this is using their logos. I had requested an API-Key with just the text before and the only reason they denied it was because a dev key was sufficient for my kind of traffic. No word about their Terms not being respected by not using an image.

• Haha
Reactions: rdn
I have a particular user who, when she inserts a gif using this addon, it displays for only a second or so before going blank. It works for other users. This has happened with this user almost every time she posts one. I need some help to figure out why/how to resolve!

I have a particular user who, when she inserts a gif using this addon, it displays for only a second or so before going blank. It works for other users. This has happened with this user almost every time she posts one. I need some help to figure out why/how to resolve!
Please would you create a ticket on this so someone from our team can investigate further.

Please would you create a ticket on this so someone from our team can investigate further.

Been seeing this problem with certain gifs as well, when chosen from the popup window. They show at first but when you submit the post, the gif goes blank.

Others work completely fine.

This happens in other situations as well - when a user chooses a gif that shows for them, but might not for other users.

Very frustrating trying to narrow down the cause of this issue (on the most recent release of this plugin and Xenforo 2.1)

Been seeing this problem with certain gifs as well, when chosen from the popup window. They show at first but when you submit the post, the gif goes blank.

This happens in other situations as well - when a user chooses a gif that shows for them, but might not for other users.

Very frustrating trying to narrow down the cause of this issue (on the most recent release of this plugin and Xenforo 2.1)
Weird, I'll see if I am able to replicate the same before reporting it on our issue tracker.

I solved the issue by changing the input method to ‘Image’ It was inserting as ‘Media’ before and I was running into problems with certain gif’s not loading.
After doing this the gif’s that weren’t loading before now do.
If you have media selected might as well change it to image. The only thing media really gives you is the scroll over and view similar gifs feature.

See the screenshot attached.

That is a result of testing this page:

On this site:

You can see that the Giphy images are being called via an HTTP URL when they should be using protocol relative URLs, which won't break the padlock and cause security errors which are happening currently in FireFox on all the pages on my site that have Giphys embedded.

This should be a very easy fix to roll out, so hopefully you guys can roll it out sooner as oppose to later.

This issue is very prevalent in the latest version of Firefox, where all Giphy images are broken on HTTPS pages.

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 8.43.05 PM.webp

See the screenshot attached.

That is a result of testing this page:

On this site:

You can see that the Giphy images are being called via an HTTP URL when they should be using protocol relative URLs, which won't break the padlock and cause security errors which are happening currently in FireFox on all the pages on my site that have Giphys embedded.

This should be a very easy fix to roll out, so hopefully you guys can roll it out sooner as oppose to later.

This issue is very prevalent in the latest version of Firefox, where all Giphy images are broken on HTTPS pages.

View attachment 211112

Unfortunately that's not going to be something that can be handled from our end, the actual Giphy BBCode is default XenForo functionality, all this add-on implements is the search/selector. If you need to make changes to how the BB Code is rendered you can do so in Content -> BB code media sites

Unfortunately that's not going to be something that can be handled from our end, the actual Giphy BBCode is default XenForo functionality, all this add-on implements is the search/selector. If you need to make changes to how the BB Code is rendered you can do so in Content -> BB code media sites

Interesting! So this is actually a XenForo bug then technically, or a Giphy bug?

Interesting! So this is actually a XenForo bug then technically, or a Giphy bug?

Just had a look at the page you linked to, in this specific case your iframe is correctly pointing at Giphy with https (https://giphy.com/embed/OPU6wzx8JrHna is the URL). However, even when you access that page directly, it tries loading the actual image with HTTP so unfortunately that's something on Giphy's end that they would need to resolve

Just had a look at the page you linked to, in this specific case your iframe is correctly pointing at Giphy with https (https://giphy.com/embed/OPU6wzx8JrHna is the URL). However, even when you access that page directly, it tries loading the actual image with HTTP so unfortunately that's something on Giphy's end that they would need to resolve

Gotcha. Well hopefully those guys fix that, because every single Giphy on my site in Firefox shows up as a broken image unless you hover over it.

Oddly enough in Safari and Chrome it's fine.

Is the giphy search not working when you edit a post?

I create a post and then go edit to insert giphy image and the search doesn't populate with anything.

Is the giphy search not working when you edit a post?

I create a post and then go edit to insert giphy image and the search doesn't populate with anything.
I am able to replicate this myself. I've gone ahead and reported it. Here is the issue.

Reactions: RDR
Top Bottom