[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
Hello @Jake B. i ran this cmd like you said

php cmd.php xf-rebuild:thfeature-auto-feature-content

and it results in an error

Rebuilding... thfeature_auto_feature_content (Thread 98538)
Rebuilding... thfeature_auto_feature_content (Thread 100162)
Rebuilding... thfeature_auto_feature_content (Thread 100711)

In FeatureBackground.php line 139:

No source file for slider background set

And it produces a server error log

Code:
Server error log
LogicException: No source file for slider background set src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Service/Feature/FeatureBackground.php:139
Generated by: Unknown account Dec 4, 2019 at 5:28 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Service/Feature/Editor.php(192): ThemeHouse\Feature\Service\Feature\FeatureBackground->updateFeatureBackground()
#1 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): ThemeHouse\Feature\Service\Feature\Editor->_save()
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Repository/Feature.php(563): ThemeHouse\Feature\Service\Feature\Editor->save()
#3 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Repository/AutoFeature.php(228): ThemeHouse\Feature\Repository\Feature->featureEntity(Object(ThemeHouse\Feature\XF\Entity\Thread), false, true, true)
#4 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Repository/AutoFeature.php(154): ThemeHouse\Feature\Repository\AutoFeature->runAutoFeatureOnEntity(Object(ThemeHouse\Feature\XF\Entity\Thread), true)
#5 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Job/AutoFeatureAll.php(51): ThemeHouse\Feature\Repository\AutoFeature->runAutoFeatureOnRange('thread', 100711, 500)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): ThemeHouse\Feature\Job\AutoFeatureAll->run(8)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(146): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#9 src/XF/Cli/Command/JobRunnerTrait.php(30): XF\Job\Manager->runUnique('xfRebuildJob-th...', 8)
#10 src/XF/Cli/Command/JobRunnerTrait.php(13): XF\Cli\Command\Rebuild\AbstractRebuildCommand->runJob('xfRebuildJob-th...', Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 src/XF/Cli/Command/Rebuild/AbstractRebuildCommand.php(82): XF\Cli\Command\Rebuild\AbstractRebuildCommand->setupAndRunJob('xfRebuildJob-th...', '\\ThemeHouse\\Fea...', Array, Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#12 src/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): XF\Cli\Command\Rebuild\AbstractRebuildCommand->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#13 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(982): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#14 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(255): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(ThemeHouse\Feature\Cli\Command\Rebuild\AutoFeatureExistingContent), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#15 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#16 src/XF/Cli/Runner.php(63): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#17 cmd.php(15): XF\Cli\Runner->run()
#18 {main}
Request state
array(1) {
  ["cli"] => string(49) "cmd.php xf-rebuild:thfeature-auto-feature-content"
}

So that bug is still there FYI.

Also....

Anyone know how to mass unfeature all featured threads? Asking for a friend :oops::rolleyes:

Opened a ticket but thought I'd ask in case someone else messed up their feature criteria and ran the above rebuild, had some wine, came back and wondered why it was still running, had more wine then came to a realization.

So that bug is still there FYI.

Also....

Anyone know how to mass unfeature all featured threads? Asking for a friend :oops::rolleyes:

Opened a ticket but thought I'd ask in case someone else messed up their feature criteria and ran the above rebuild, had some wine, came back and wondered why it was still running, had more wine then came to a realization.
Can you do batch update threads? I've not got my computer near atm. That might work?

Really appreciate you taking time on this.
I've had a look but can't figure it out. I thought it might have been an option like thread type, or thread state.

After you've selected/filtered the threads you want to batch update - the option should be here -

1630467252003.webp

'Unfeature'

It really is a basic feature that should be there, I think. :/

It really is a basic feature that should be there, I think. :/
I dont disagree, but it becomes basic the more people use the tool. We havent needed this specific feature on some 20 sites we've managed with it, and for that reason it hasnt been added. And no one has funded it either. So, basic or not, just hasn't gotten any attention unfortunately. We likely would have eventually, just hasn't popped up yet. Pretty much all it comes down to.

I've added the "No source file for slider background set" bug and the mass un-feature feature to our issue tracker.

Thanks. There was a second part to my ticket which I wouldn't mind your commentary on, is there a way to manually reset all existing auto featured content? Uninstall / reinstall maybe? Wait for it to expire (assuming auto expiry follows the rules for manually featured content)? Reset xf_thread thfeatured_id to 0 in xf_thread and truncate the featured tables? Tips on a postcard please. @mattrogowski @Mike Creuzer

Last edited:
Thanks. There was a second part to my ticket which I wouldn't mind your commentary on, is there a way to manually reset all existing auto featured content? Uninstall / reinstall maybe? Wait for it to expire (assuming auto expiry follows the rules for manually featured content)? Reset xf_thread thfeatured_id to 0 in xf_thread and truncate the featured tables? Tips on a postcard please. @mattrogowski @Mike Creuzer

In case someone faces the same issue as my "friend" you can uninstall/reinstall and that seems to cleanse threads of their featured status.

Found another bug with thread criteria: Last post no more than X days old just doesn't work at all for me.

Last edited:
If I use article style featured threads, the react/like button is no longer present on the post. Any way to get that back?

We are using the ThemeHouse featured threads add-on and it states you can remove the copyright phrase at the bottom if you wish. It states to place this into your config.php file which we did, but it isn't working:

$config['removeThemeHouseBranding'] = true;

Ideas? Anyone else get it to work?

Anyone tried the new 1.0.8 PL1 version? There's no changelog or announcement so curious if anyone has taken it for a spin yet.

No, i nearly removed every add-on and theme and find some alternatives. For me they pull the plug like a thunder from a clear sky. Not really reliable this way.

Er, what am I missing? latest version in Updates shows 1.0.6
It actually shows 1.0.7 too -

1640778078339.webp

I have installed 1.0.8 - Nothing seems to be different so it must be a small bug fix. I haven't been able to find a changelog elsewhere. I'm taking a personal choice to move away from ThemeHouse. Not reliable. Just my two cents.

It actually shows 1.0.7 too -

View attachment 262591

I have installed 1.0.8 - Nothing seems to be different so it must be a small bug fix. I haven't been able to find a changelog elsewhere. I'm taking a personal choice to move away from ThemeHouse. Not reliable. Just my two cents.

Thanks for confirming no big drama with this update. I shot a note out to them asking for a changelog.

Top Bottom