[TH] Feature Posts [Deleted]

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Post of the Hour/Day/Week/Month (a.k.a. Feature Posts) - It allows admins to feature posts

This mod will allow the admin(s) to feature posts for a certain amount of time/period. When you feature a post, you can choose how many characters will show in featured posts. By default it set to 500 hundreds characters. But you can increase/decrease that limit to your likings. BB Code and Smilies will be parsed. After a post has been featured, a Featured Post badge will appear on its top right hand corner.

Featured posts will then appear at the forum index. The post permissions will be...

Read more about this resource...

Just to clarify, this is featuring POSTS, not THREADS. I've been looking for a "featured posts" mod (vs featured threads) for a while.

Is this compatible with latest Xenforo?

Also, if there are 20 featured posts, do they all show on the forum index? Is there a way to limit them? Is there a separate page that shows them all?

Optimally we are looking to feature 100's of posts, but having them all posted on the index wouldn't work.

Thank you, looks like a promising mod.

Just to clarify, this is featuring POSTS, not THREADS. I've been looking for a "featured posts" mod (vs featured threads) for a while.

Is this compatible with latest Xenforo?

Also, if there are 20 featured posts, do they all show on the forum index? Is there a way to limit them? Is there a separate page that shows them all?

Optimally we are looking to feature 100's of posts, but having them all posted on the index wouldn't work.

Thank you, looks like a promising mod.

Hi,

Yes, this features posts. And yes, it is compatible with xneforo 1.5.x as well. There is no limit in the current version on ho wmany posts to show. But I can add it for you if you purchase the mod.

Hi Mike

OK, I installed [TH] Feature Post [Paid] 1.0.0
When logged in it looks good.
However when logged out as a guest this is what it looks like in Internet explorer, Firefox, and Chrome
Running windows 10

as you can see the below is showing in in featured post (See screen shot)

<b><span style="font-size: 22px"> <b> </b>-</span><br />
< /b><br />
< span style="font-size: 18px"><span style="color: #ff0000"><b>

Fetured posts.webp

Last edited:
@Sam F do you have a link to the forum containing the featured post addon? I can't seem to reproduce the error, and BBCodes are being displayed just fine on my end.

Is there anyway to get support on this? I submitted a support request at Theme House for a bug on this and have not heard nothing back. Also sent an email. Thx.

Is it possible, that there are 3 or 5 featured posts side by side at the forum index ?

Now it shows one and rotates, if the user reloads the page. Some Options to style this would be great.

Due to either a lack of interest for this product or because the previous developer code quality was not in line with our own, this add-on is being open-sourced and price removed. Anyone (developer, commercial, etc.) is free to fork the code for their own purposes.

Support or new releases will no longer be provided on this particular add-on without custom development time. To order that, please contact us. This will allow us to offer better quality support that we are unable to do with a larger selection of add-ons. If you purchased the add-on in the last 12 months, you are welcome to in-store credit for the amount of the purchase price. To do so please create a ticket.

Top Bottom