[TH] Edit Post Date [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Edit Post Date by Waindigo - Edit the date a post was made or create a post/thread at a custom defined date.

Description:
This add-on adds a new permission that allows for moderators/administrators to edit the date a post was made or create new posts at a specified date.

Optionally, dates can be entered as timestamps.

Installation:

This add-on can be installed using...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
I want to make a thread which should go live tomorrow 3pm. I can create that thread now, make a quick edit with this add-on, change the time of that thread and the thread will disappear and will apper tomorrow at 3pm.

If it is working this way then it is really cool :)

I want to make a thread which should go live tomorrow 3pm. I can create that thread now, make a quick edit with this add-on, change the time of that thread and the thread will disappear and will apper tomorrow at 3pm.

If it is working this way then it is really cool :)
No, it doesn't work this way unfortunately. You can create the thread with the date of tomorrow at 3pm (you don't need to go back and edit it), but the thread will appear immediately and will just have a future date on it. It will also cause an error if someone tries to reply before tomorrow at 3pm.

Successfully installed but I don't see an option to edit date. I tried under thread tools but not there.

I have 1.1 by the way. I also allowed edit date under usergroups.

Is there a specific hook this uses to place the edit link? It works in threads but I don't see it in snog's movie database threads. I'm figuring it is missing the hook.

Is there a specific hook this uses to place the edit link? It works in threads but I don't see it in snog's movie database threads. I'm figuring it is missing the hook.
It is a very simple template modification in the thread_view template. Probably snog's movie database threads use their own template, so template modifications won't work. You might call this a limitation of the template modification system, but then developers should be aware of limitations and try to work within those limitations where possible. I would suggest that you encourage snog to extend the existing template rather than override it completely.

But it does work with 1.2.x?

There was no specific compatibility indicated in the original announcement. That's always useful info. :)

I need something to edit post dates so I can enter lots of old info and not have it take over a forum.

Top Bottom