[TH] Donate

[TH] Donate 1.1.8 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Hi, I've just purchased this and have been playing around on a test version of my website. One problem I've noticed is that if the user goes through to the PayPal payment page but then cancels and returns to merchant, they are sent to the wrong address. They are sent to:

https://www.mysite.com/forums/donate/campaign.1/

Whereas they should be sent to https://www.mysite.com/donate/campaign.1/ (without the forums/).

Does anyone else experience this, or it is something I've set up incorrectly? I haven't tested a live transaction yet, so I don't know if that will return to the correct page.

Many thanks :)

Any active promo codes? Also, do you accept Bitcoin? Wanna buy 3 add-ons. Thank you!
None at this time and no we don't sadly.
Hi, I've just purchased this and have been playing around on a test version of my website. One problem I've noticed is that if the user goes through to the PayPal payment page but then cancels and returns to merchant, they are sent to the wrong address. They are sent to:

https://www.mysite.com/forums/donate/campaign.1/

Whereas they should be sent to https://www.mysite.com/donate/campaign.1/ (without the forums/).

Does anyone else experience this, or it is something I've set up incorrectly? I haven't tested a live transaction yet, so I don't know if that will return to the correct page.

Many thanks :)
I'll take a look at this to see if I'm able to replicate it on our beta forum.
Yesterday bought the addon and install it very easily and activated a campaign already, I can see on my forum it works as it should.

check yourself https://www.beermoneyforum.com/donate/
Very nice, looks good on your forum! Good luck to ya! :)

I'll take a look at this to see if I'm able to replicate it on our beta forum.

Just to update you, I am currently installing this on my live website, and I don't have this issue there. So no worries - must be something in my .htaccess on the test installation or something! Thanks anyway :)

Unless I’m slow today, I noticed that I can’t manually add a donation to a campaign from my cell phone. The option just isn’t there (iPhone 8/safari).

Question - how often does the Top Donors widget update? It seems to be really slow.

Unless I’m slow today, I noticed that I can’t manually add a donation to a campaign from my cell phone. The option just isn’t there (iPhone 8/safari).

It's hidden in responsive view. Set your browser to desktop mode and the option will reappear.

Question - how often does the Top Donors widget update? It seems to be really slow.
From what I've been told by one of our developers it is said to update instantly as it is not cached at all. In other words when the payment is confirmed.

From what I've been told by one of our developers it is said to update instantly as it is not cached at all. In other words when the payment is confirmed.

This is definitely not the case - it seems to take over an hour or more to update. At least that's as long as I've left it before manually updating the cache.

It would be great if this could be looked into :)

Edit to add: It would also be nice to be able to configure how many donors show up on the widget.

Last edited:
This is definitely not the case - it seems to take over an hour or more to update. At least that's as long as I've left it before manually updating the cache.

This value is updated as soon as the donation has been inserted, only thing that could potentially cause it to take an hour or more is if PayPal takes that long to send the notification of payment

This value is updated as soon as the donation has been inserted, only thing that could potentially cause it to take an hour or more is if PayPal takes that long to send the notification of payment

Why does it not update when the other elements update? Someone made a donation at 17:58 UK time today, I immediately got an alert on the forum, the donation was added to the list on the campaign page, but even now at 20:50 UK time it is not listed on the Top Donors widget. I think something is not working as it should :)

Hello,

Did anyone else run into the problem of the add on not registering any donation in the progress bar or list of donations completely?

Everything else seems to work fine for me. I can use the app to successfully do a test donation through paypal, and I think I have my IPN set correctly. It's set to the URL/payment_callback.php.

But even though I can see the paypal transaction from both sides, my test donation from my personal account, and the receipt of that donation into the site's account, the add on doesn't register anywhere that a donation has been made.

Hello,

Did anyone else run into the problem of the add on not registering any donation in the progress bar or list of donations completely?

Everything else seems to work fine for me. I can use the app to successfully do a test donation through paypal, and I think I have my IPN set correctly. It's set to the URL/payment_callback.php.

But even though I can see the paypal transaction from both sides, my test donation from my personal account, and the receipt of that donation into the site's account, the add on doesn't register anywhere that a donation has been made.
Unsure what could be causing this but go ahead and create a ticket so that our team can take a look.

How does "total donation sum" work, on the members page?

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 4.52.15 pm.webp

Donations work, caches rebuilt, all is working fine, profiles all good... but this? No idea what it does or how to get it to do something.

How does "total donation sum" work, on the members page?

View attachment 181179

Donations work, caches rebuilt, all is working fine, profiles all good... but this? No idea what it does or how to get it to do something.
That shows how many users have donated to your campaigns along with showing on their profile as well. You are able to edit these settings by navigating to Users > Member Statistics > Total Donation Sum.

Argh.... thanks. There was obviously a cron I missed, which ran overnight.

The only issue I have found in upgrading this on my live site from XF1 to 2 version, is that when that cron ran overnight, it used the entire XF1 history as my current imported campaign. When I upgraded, the campaign current donations remained the same. When the cron ran when I was sleeping, I had $17k saying had been donated, being the XF1 history.

I had to turn off the existing goal, create a new goal with the difference between what had been raised and the leftover.

I think I found this on my development actually, as when I deleted the existing campaign, it deleted all the donations too, thus history. Its like it attached the entire XF1 history to that campaign.

Is that right?

Just so I know going forward, should I simply disable a campaign and not delete it, once run its course?

Top Bottom