[TH] Donate

[TH] Donate 1.1.8 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Just set a title for the widget when you create/edit it
i thought i had done that but apparently i just had named the widget in the acp, so that's my bad.
We don't have a style property to adjust the color of the text specifically for the widget, this inherits from the other widgets in XF, so you'd need css to do this
well the trouble is that if i flip the color of the text to white, unless the donation bar is more than 50% full, no one will be able to see it. i suppose some other color to stand out against the background would have to do. if you have an easy css for that i could give it a shot.
We haven't had a chance to get this done for a release yet, but it is on our list.
thanks
nothing that would directly be associated with the campaign, but you can create a notice using the user criteria included with the add-on that will show up if they haven't donated
interesting idea. i'll look into it.

@Jake B. I would like to create a ticket as well if possible, I still cannot solve the issue. I have tried the same exact things that iamjudd has done. If you've fixed his issue could you share the fix with me please? Also should the ticket be opened on ThemeHouse.com ?

Is it possible to collect donations without a campaign? I'm simply looking for a donate page to collect donations and show previous ones with no goal.

I currently have [AD] Donation Manager 1.1.8 from XF1. Am I correct in assuming this resource is the "upgraded" addon?

@Jake B. I would like to create a ticket as well if possible, I still cannot solve the issue. I have tried the same exact things that iamjudd has done. If you've fixed his issue could you share the fix with me please? Also should the ticket be opened on ThemeHouse.com ?

Sorry, didn't get a notification for this post. I believe this issue has been fixed, tagging @Lukas W. for full details

Is it possible to collect donations without a campaign?

Donations require a campaign, but if you create only one campaign there won't be a "listing" page, it'll take you directly to the campaign.

I'm simply looking for a donate page to collect donations and show previous ones with no goal.

You can leave the goal blank and it won't show the progress bar, and you can turn off resetting so progress won't reset

I currently have [AD] Donation Manager 1.1.8 from XF1. Am I correct in assuming this resource is the "upgraded" addon?

That is correct

So essentially I can achieve what I want by creating a single generic campaign with no goal?

What is the import procedure for getting my data from the old XF1 version into this new XF2 version?

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Donate with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3 Patch Level 2 Release

Bugs Fixed:
  • Fixed the issue with reset dates which might result in an infinite loop
  • Fixed the issue with manual donations and donation amount edits which didn’t update users total donation amounts
  • Fixed issues with who donated notifications
  • Fixed the issue that caused campaigns from resetting

Enhancements:
  • Improved ACP usability
  • Added the option to animate the progress bar

Read the rest of this update entry...

Would it be possible to get an option to disable the message bar where players message? I still need to know who it is but I don't want it public.

The donate summary page (/donate/) shows the same value for Raised & Goal for monthly recurring campaigns with a goal (it shows the goal amt). I assume that should be a caption of the current state of all campaigns in which case it is entirely incorrect. Conversely my other campaign has no monthly reset and no end date and it shows 0/0 for Raised and Goal which is also wrong. @Jake B. @Dalton Prock

In the admin CP version of the campaign's donation log, can you please make it so that the most recent donations are on top? When I am entering manual donations in I find myself having to look through several pages to find the most recent.

In the admin CP version of the campaign's donation log, can you please make it so that the most recent donations are on top? When I am entering manual donations in I find myself having to look through several pages to find the most recent.

Oh forgot, that also is a huge headache for me. Should be a really quick fix.

Would it be possible to get an option to disable the message bar where players message? I still need to know who it is but I don't want it public.
Oh forgot, that also is a huge headache for me. Should be a really quick fix.
I'll review these accordingly with our developers before reporting them on our issue tracker :) Thanks for your suggestions!
The donate summary page (/donate/) shows the same value for Raised & Goal for monthly recurring campaigns with a goal (it shows the goal amt). I assume that should be a caption of the current state of all campaigns in which case it is entirely incorrect. Conversely my other campaign has no monthly reset and no end date and it shows 0/0 for Raised and Goal which is also wrong. @Jake B. @Dalton Prock
Gonna go ahead and tag @Lukas W. as well as he might know what is going on here.

Was it Theme House XF1 version offered option to create a thank you thread for each donation? I know I had a donations addon for vBulletin that create threads.

I am just thinking of more ways to help make people feel guilty! ;)

Was it Theme House XF1 version offered option to create a thank you thread for each donation? I know I had a donations addon for vBulletin that create threads.

I am just thinking of more ways to help make people feel guilty! ;)
It is indeed a great idea. I think we have scheduled a PC to get sent in the feature list. Maybe we can do thread as an option as well.

Top Bottom