[TH] DataTables BB Code [Deleted]

In regards to the vbulletin table code:

Introduction to options:
example: [table="option1;option2=value;option3='this is a long value with space';option4=value1,value2,value3"]
The whole option list should be wrapped with quotes.
Options are separated by a semicolon
If an option has a value it is assigned with "equal to" mark. (option2)
If the value contains blanks or special characters it has to be wrapped with apostrophes. (option3)
If an option has more than one value they are seperated by a comma. (option4)

Description of options:
head
This option defines the first line as head, so the first row is shown as head of the table. If the table sould be sorted, the head is not sorted.

sort=1d,2,3
This defines the table to be sorted by column 1, then column 2, then column 3. The "d" after the first colum specifies the order: descending (default: ascending)

width=123px width=45em width=67%
Defines the width of the table.

Introduction to special options (formating cells and rows):
example: {option1=value1}{option2=value2}
These "special" options can be written as the very first content of a cell to format it.

Description of special options:
{colsp=5}
Defines a colspan from current cell with the length of 5 cells

Format:
Code:
[table="head"]head col1|head col2|head col3
row1 col1|row1 col2|row1 col3
row2 col1|row2 col2|row2 col3[/table]

This markup:
table1.webp

Results in:
table2.webp

This is where the main issue lies. Nested bbcode in the table:
table3.webp

In regards to the vbulletin table code:

Introduction to options:
example: [table="option1;option2=value;option3='this is a long value with space';option4=value1,value2,value3"]
The whole option list should be wrapped with quotes.
Options are separated by a semicolon
If an option has a value it is assigned with "equal to" mark. (option2)
If the value contains blanks or special characters it has to be wrapped with apostrophes. (option3)
If an option has more than one value they are seperated by a comma. (option4)

Description of options:
head
This option defines the first line as head, so the first row is shown as head of the table. If the table sould be sorted, the head is not sorted.

sort=1d,2,3
This defines the table to be sorted by column 1, then column 2, then column 3. The "d" after the first colum specifies the order: descending (default: ascending)

width=123px width=45em width=67%
Defines the width of the table.

Introduction to special options (formating cells and rows):
example: {option1=value1}{option2=value2}
These "special" options can be written as the very first content of a cell to format it.

Description of special options:
{colsp=5}
Defines a colspan from current cell with the length of 5 cells

Format:
Code:
[table="head"]head col1|head col2|head col3
row1 col1|row1 col2|row1 col3
row2 col1|row2 col2|row2 col3[/table]

This markup:
View attachment 143060

Results in:
View attachment 143061

This is where the main issue lies. Nested bbcode in the table:
View attachment 143062
Alright I'll take a look and get this fixed ASAP!

Is there any other issues you have come across that I should fix as well?

Is there any other issues you have come across that I should fix as well?
  • This error: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/th-datatables-bb-code-paid.108805/#post-1108111
  • tables are always stretched to 100% page width, even if there is very narrow width needed. For example a 2 column table with a single digit per column will need very little horizontal space but the table is stretched to full width which makes it really hard to read.
  • Due to how the vbulletin table code works, our DataTables often have an extra column.
  • Due to how the vbulletin table code works, our DataTables often have an extra header.
  • Due to how the vbulletin table code works, our DataTables header row is often displayed as a column (vertical).
  • Due to how the vbulletin table code works, our DataTables often have extra rows due to line breaks in the formatting.

• This error: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/th-datatables-bb-code-paid.108805/#post-1108111
  • tables are always stretched to 100% page width, even if there is very narrow width needed. For example a 2 column table with a single digit per column will need very little horizontal space but the table is stretched to full width which makes it really hard to read.
  • Due to how the vbulletin table code works, our DataTables often have an extra column.
  • Due to how the vbulletin table code works, our DataTables often have an extra header.
  • Due to how the vbulletin table code works, our DataTables header row is often displayed as a column (vertical).
  • Due to how the vbulletin table code works, our DataTables often have extra rows due to line breaks in the formatting.
Just to check, but this occurs on the default style?

That would be the opposite of what I want to accomplish. I need nested bbcode to work. For example images or URLs in table cells.

That would be the opposite of what I want to accomplish. I need nested bbcode to work. For example images or URLs in table cells.
It seems that after testing, only attachments aren't working and just show a link to view the attachment.

The table code snippit you posted had formatting issues but enabling those options fixed it.

Any idea about this bug?
.webp

And there is this comment by @pegasus
the datatables BB-Code instantiates a second parser inside the main one that runs recursively inside table codes. I already mentioned to the author that this approach is both unnecessary for that add-on's purposes and error-prone, but I think they didn't want to refactor their code.

Hey guys, any progress on this? I'm migrating to Xenforo next week from vB and one guy has spent four years creating a post each week with two BB Code tables. I must save this guys work. I'm the admin, it's my job. hahaha

Can someone tell me if this add-on will display table BB Code like this:

screenshot-www.4mok.com-2016-12-14-18-53-00.webp

Is it true that I can not give individual tables individual settings? This is all or nothing in the ACP options? So all tables or no tables have sorting and filtering and pagination?

Top Bottom