[TH] Covers [Deleted]

error message

Code:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover::setupDefaultCover() must be an instance of XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity, null given, called in /home/public_html/src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php on line 386 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php:351
Generated by: Unknown account Oct 11, 2018 at 10:28 AM

#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php(386): ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->setupDefaultCover(NULL)
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Pub/Controller/Cover.php(30): ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->assertCover('resource', '8')
#2 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AbstractController.php(30): ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover->preDispatchController('Position', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php(117): XF\Pub\Controller\AbstractController->preDispatchType('Position', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Controller->preDispatch('Position', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('ThemeHouse\\Cove...', 'Position', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), '', Object(ThemeHouse\Covers\Pub\Controller\Cover), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(27) "/covers/resource/8/position"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Covers with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.0 Patch Level 4 released!

Bugs fixed:
  • Fixed a javascript error in relation to the covers positioning script.
  • The cover browser now links to the correct thread.
  • Fixed broken phrases.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent cover positioning from being saved.
  • Covers are now deletable, even if the related content cannot be found.

Additions:
  • Cover presets can now be quick-toggled in the ACP.
  • Added install & upgrade meta-data.

Read the rest of this update entry...

When users are allowed to upload a cover to their ressource, they can´t delete it... the option is not shown in dropdown (permissions are set, delete works on their profile)
Could you please fix this soon?

I am able to replicate this as well, I'll go ahead and report this so that it is fixed in our next release! :) Thanks for reporting this.

Any news about this? Still not fixed :(

Any news about this? Still not fixed :(
This is something that was reported but wasn't replicated by anyone else on our development team but to better assist you with the issue mentioned above, go ahead and create a ticket on it so we can investigate further to see why you are still experiencing it? You are using the latest version, correct?

hi @ThemeHouse ... i have a question - what's the size limit (and filesize limit) for cover uploads?

i noticed that even when i upload a 1920px wide cover it still gets scaled down and looks blurry after applying it to a thread

and if it is smaller than 1920px - is there a setting i can change to make it full-size?

hi @ThemeHouse ... i have a question - what's the size limit (and filesize limit) for cover uploads?

i noticed that even when i upload a 1920px wide cover it still gets scaled down and looks blurry after applying it to a thread

and if it is smaller than 1920px - is there a setting i can change to make it full-size?
We don't offer a setting for this at this time but it is in our issue tracker. The maximum when uploading a cover from your computer is 1000x600 while if you are uploading it from a URL it is 2500px by 1500px or at least smaller than that number. So that would explain why the image is scaled down and why it is blurry after applying it to threads, profile covers, and resources.

We don't offer a setting for this at this time but it is in our issue tracker. The maximum when uploading a cover from your computer is 1000x600 while if you are uploading it from a URL it is 2500px by 1500px or at least smaller than that number. So that would explain why the image is scaled down and why it is blurry after applying it to threads, profile covers, and resources.

ahhh, i see .... but if i download it via url will it get scaled down as well or remain that 2500x1500 size?

ahhh, i see .... but if i download it via url will it get scaled down as well or remain that 2500x1500 size?
Don't believe it will scale down as if it is larger than 2500x1500, it's gonna give you the following message:
Oops ran into some problems: Please provide an image whose dimensions are smaller than 2500px * 1500px.
It would either need to be exact or below those dimensions when using a URL.

Don't believe it will scale down as if it is larger than 2500x1500, it's gonna give you the following message:

It would either need to be exact or below those dimensions when using a URL.

nope ... still resizes it down after upload from URL ... it goes from this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(1920px wide)

to this:

https://metacouncil.com/data/covers/thread/l/0/254.jpg (1200px wide)

Top Bottom