[TH] Calendar [Deleted]

I just installed it on 1.4 and the calendar display, but does not give any options to add anything to it, nor is it displaying any birthdays.

Any ideas? I think I am missing something somewhere. :)

I like this add-on very much but have some suggstions on the birthday option:

I installed this calendar and tested the show birthday option. At the same time I have Andys birthday add-on in the side-bar:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/todays-birthdays.3160/

The calendar shows birthdays of members that are no longer active and doesn`t seem to take the show birthday option into account that the member can set in his profile. Andys add-on has a "Cutoff Days" option, which I think is very useful.

On the other hand you already have published the "Active Recently Definition" add-on:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/active-recently-definition-by-waindigo.84173/

Does the birthday option of the calendar consider this this option?

In general I think it`s not useful to show birthdays of members that are not active any more or that have chosen to not show their date of birth.

From what I can tell this add-on requires a user to click through to a dedicated calendar page in order to see events. Is there a suggested method for displaying events more prominently on a forum, such as Widget Framework/XenPorta support?

I am looking for something along the lines of XenPorta/XenAtendo's 'Upcoming Events' block which allows you to display all upcoming events within a specified range of time.

Last edited:
Is there an instruction manual for this thing? I don't want to exclude people, I don't care about paid or free, i just want to add an event to a calendar. simple. this is happening on this day. no bull.

Last edited:
Hi...how are calendar permissions set? I've got this installed, but its only viewable by people who are logged in. I'm not sure where the permissions are stored for this, can I make this viewable by guests as well?

Thanks..this is a great addon!
Leslie

I'm getting the following error when trying to delete threads (also i cant create or edit threads):

Fatal error: Class 'Waindigo_GoogleCalendar_GoogleCalendarHandler_Abstract' not found in xxx\library\Waindigo\ThreadEvents\Extend\XenForo\DataWriter\Discussion\Thread.php on line 276

@Jon W, we are preparing to migrate a vBulletin based community to Xenforo. This community has a lot of info that has been placed into the calendar. Is there any way we can import that info into your calendar app from our old vB database?

@Jon W, we are preparing to migrate a vBulletin based community to Xenforo. This community has a lot of info that has been placed into the calendar. Is there any way we can import that info into your calendar app from our old vB database?
There is no importer at the moment but we'd be happy to build one if you'd be willing to contribute to the cost of developement. At the moment, the calendar only supports events as threads or resources though -- would this be OK, or would you also want to contribute to the development of regular events?

Depending on what kind of $$$ we would be looking at, we would definitely be interesting in contributing to the development cost.

Let me actually take more of a look at the app, but I think having events as threads or resources would be fine... although I am not sure I completely understand the question without looking at it myself.

I ran into an issue with this plugin and it would not allow me to delete threads as it would render a blank page, it did however generate an internal server error stating that the following class was missing "Waindigo_GoogleCalendar_GoogleCalendarHandler_Abstract". I installed the Google API and Calendar and the issue resolved itself however it appears to suffer the same issue that the Resource Events had prior to it being patched

Last edited:
Hi there,

I am using these addons all together:

- Calendar
- Thread events
- Repeating thread events

I would like to have a sidebar which shows the upcoming events. Is that possible and if yes, how do i manage to do that?

Greets,
Mark

Hello,

I just installed the add-on and I can not find how to add an event to the calendar.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hello,

I just installed the add-on and I can not find how to add an event to the calendar.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

You'll need to use one of the add-ons that integrate with this one, by default you cannot create events for this Calendar, you have to use one of our 'events' add-ons (Resource Events, Thread Events, and Google Calendar API to name a few)

Jake

You'll need to use one of the add-ons that integrate with this one, by default you cannot create events for this Calendar, you have to use one of our 'events' add-ons (Resource Events, Thread Events, and Google Calendar API to name a few)

Jake

Thank you.

Any plans to extend the functionality of these group of add-ons into a 'full service' events calendar?

Top Bottom