1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testing Forum?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by pivotraze, Jun 28, 2013.

1. pivotraze

pivotraze Member

So, I think I read this is allowed, but I want to check before I screw over my license, heh.

I have a forum I may be migrating over to XenForo, and switching my license to the new domain. Before I do this though, I'd like to give the current administrators a way to test the backend, and mess with the changes before we go live. I would like this to happen apart from my current forum. Is this allowed? Where the board is closed to only administrators, but they can test it out? If so, do I just install it as a normal install, or is there some special method?
  2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is allowed as long as it's restricted from the general public. :)
  3. pivotraze

pivotraze Member

Awesome :) I'm getting right on it then! :D
    Shelley likes this.
  4. pivotraze

pivotraze Member

One more question, actually. I'm starting the transfer now, but the domain name will take a few days to change from our current host. Is it legal to use it in the meantime? I'm issued the domain name http://s429501201.onlinehome.us that we can use it from. Should I place that as the domain name until our real domain name transfers?
  5. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Nobody really checks your domain name. However, if you will open a support ticket and your details won't match with your domain and license, then you will have a problem. Just update to your permanent domain when you're done with the transfer.
  6. pivotraze

pivotraze Member

Ah, alright. Just don't want my license revoked within the first week, heh...