Test instance and license coverage

salata

Hi I have a question regarding setting up the test instance for testing new features, addons and styles. We're moving the community to another hosting. 'Production' forum will run under mydomain.com. We'll have enough capacity to setup staging instance. Is it possible and is it covered by the license to setup the test instance under test.mydomain.com, and grant access only to admins and moderators to test the upgrade process and added features and plugins before implementing to active forum?

best,
Salata

Yes, you can set up a test environment, but should not be open to the public. I would also password protect the directory it is installed under (although not requried) to secure it even more.

Yes, you can set up a test environment, but should not be open to the public. I would also password protect the directory it is installed under (although not requried) to secure it even more.
This is how mine is set up. It is fairly easy to do now with the version of cPanel my host uses. No more messing about with .htacces and password files. It manages that for you.

I would also password protect the directory it is installed under (although not requried)

It actually is required.

You may create additional test installations for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, installed at a URL that makes the testing purpose clear, not used for production purposes and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

Top Bottom