Test forum...

Sonnie

So I have copied our home directory to public_html/test ... and I have created a copy of the database under a different name, and inserted it into the test/src/config.php file.

Trying to access the site just redirects me to our live site.

I am assuming I will need to go into the database and change the site URL to mysite.com/test ... or is there a way to get into the admin.php ... I tried, but the URL produces a blank white page.

Not sure about the blank white page part, as it shouldn't occur normally, if you try to access yoursite.com/admin.php.
However is url canonicalization activated? If yes, turn it off and make a new backup.

Again, I believe you should have been able to access the admin.php anyway and deactivate from there and I am not sure what redirects you have. So take my advice with caution, as it might not work.

Database should be enough I guess.

Also, you can use localhost for testing stuff with XAMPP for example (download and drag and drop your stuff in to the htdocs directory).

I copied the files again and was able to direct access admin.php this time. Some of the files did not copy last time around due to running out of disk space. We had a bunch if backups and another test site that we ended up deleting to give us more space... over 100GB of wasted space. So it all copied the second time around and is working like it should now.

Reactions: sbj
If your stuff is that big and you run out of space, I suggest you to copy your live site to your local machine to localhost. You should have enough space on your own computer.

It was only because of all the backups we had done... staging backups, import backup, etc. After we deleted everything we didn't need... we are only at 35%... with the test forum.

I once had 35gb of Litespeed access logs because I forgot to enable log file retention limits. It was certainly nice getting that space back on the main server.

Top Bottom