XF 2.2 template modifications dont match sometimes

Iggy

hello,
getting in some better practices by making all our hacks as official template modifications.....

ran into some issues with a couple i dont understand tho......i dont get proper matches for all styles, even tho the code is exactly pasted...

i did at least notice that spacing matters so im grabbing the code directly from the templates i want to edit.....they should be the same tho from style to style as the raw templates are not edited at all....

this last one i did, it only applied it to the "master style"....

cant imagine why or how to work around that.....anyone help please?

thank you

Iggy

oh you know....a little hack here or there for some basic functionality....

i suppose master style only is fine, i mean, that works, but i dont understand the logic why some apply to 5 styles or such and some just one or 3 or such...i know of course edits to a custom style will not apply to the master and will instead apply to a list, just seems like theres something more going on....

maybe its all fine idk.....also that last one i did tricked me to thinking it didnt work when it did lol so main problem is gone at least....still a little confusing tho.

regards

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Template modifications won't match if there are other modifications by third party styles and add-ons, which are applied before yours.

Iggy

Template modifications won't match if there are other modifications by third party styles and add-ons, which are applied before yours.
its not so much that they "dont match"(center column), they just arent recognized at all......in any of the 3 columns....

i did one test changing the exec order, maybe i didnt go deep enough. kind of didnt seem like the problem tho...just curious really this one seemed strange to me

thank you