• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

template mod for message user info: avatar on the left, username and title on the right

anotheralias

I'd like to take advantage of all the horizontal real estate and try this layout (below). It would free up some space under the title for maybe the Mood Mod or something like that, without adding any extra height to the message, or alternatively, allow for longer custom titles without them adding height when they wrap.

Ideally, the username should not wrap, the custom title area should align left and wrap, and we could choose the width and background color of all the elements that make up the message user info holder.

Just in case anyone is willing to take it on. I'm trying to do it myself but the message user info holder is a bit of an enigma so far, since I'm better with tables than CSS. :)

demo_message_user_layout.gif

I hate to tease you but that was a quick edit using firebug, I'm stepping out to go run an errand and when I get make I'll post a tutorial in the appropriate section and link ya.

Top Bottom