Template Edits with Add-On

The only real way to do it at the moment is a post template listener that manipulates the DOM. You can see this in my add-ons. XenTrader should show it. Annoying and has a performance hit in theory (could add some form of caching I guess) but the only way I have found to do it. In the future I am going to have documents so people can disable the listener doing it and explain to do the edits themselves if they see any performance drops.

The only real way to do it at the moment is a post template listener that manipulates the DOM. You can see this in my add-ons. XenTrader should show it. Annoying and has a performance hit in theory (could add some form of caching I guess) but the only way I have found to do it. In the future I am going to have documents so people can disable the listener doing it and explain to do the edits themselves if they see any performance drops.
I don't understand why XF coders made it so complicated that it has to put a load on the servers. I mean do they expect everyone to use template edits? Because not all mods can make use of those.

Is there maybe a way where I can have my template code be within a variable?

Like $soundcode

and have php code locking it into the variable:
$soundcode = 'embed';

Top Bottom