1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Template Conditionals Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by fattony69, Mar 2, 2011.

1. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

Hey,

I have been trying to work with template conditionals for my advertisements and I have been facing an issue with them.

I am trying to make it so that the advertisement doesn't load in one forum and only certain usergroups can see it. Here is what I have (that doesn't work).

Code:
    <xen:if is="!in_array({$forum.node_id}, array(39))">
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_group_id} == 1 OR {$visitor.user_group_id} == 2 OR {$visitor.user_group_id} == 3 OR {$visitor.user_group_id} == 4">
    Enter Code Here
    </xen:if>
    What do I have to change?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I did it the other way and excluded adverts for certain usergroups using AND.

Code:
    <xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 3} AND !{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 4} AND !{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 5} AND !{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 6} AND !{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 7}">
    <xen:include template="cta_adsense_banner_narrow" />
    That will block adverts to any member of groups 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.

For the node I use this code:
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$quickNavSelected} != 'node-55'">
    That will stop adverts from being shown in node 55 completely.

Altogether it looks like this:
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$quickNavSelected} != 'node-55'">
    <xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 3} AND !{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 4} AND !{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 5} AND !{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 6} AND !{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 7}">

The8thLegion likes this.
  3. Floris

Floris Guest

that will only check if the user is in the primary usergroup. This .. it won't matter, if the user browsing the page is in usergroup with id 5 , primary, or secondary.

<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 5}">

[edit: sneak brogan with inline edit]

4. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$quickNavSelected} != 'node-39'">
    <xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 5}">
    enter code here
    Edit...This doesn't show up when using Testing Permissions, but when logged in, it works. ODD.