Technical Server Administrative Review - MattW

Adam Howard

I'm not 100% sure where this should go, but this is the forum for Server Configuration and Hosting, so I guess this seems like the logical choice.

@MattW runs his own side business for server administration at http://www.mattwservices.co.uk

I would highly recommend and endorse the products and services offered by, "Matt Services".
  • Friendly
  • Easy to communicate with
  • Flexible
  • Quality work
  • Fairly priced
  • Follows up with support
Matt is not satisfied until you are satisfied and until he is sure he has done the best he can.

Matt recently resolved and proved the my host (servercomplete.com) was incompetent, which is amazing given how some of these "providers" sometimes have you doubting yourself (mine did).

Last edited:
Yeah, Matt's a pretty awesome guy – if he increases his prices, knowing Matt as I do, he'll most likely keep current/regular customers on the same (or very similar) pricing ;).

Last edited:
Yeah, Matt's a pretty awesome guy – if he increases his pieces, knowing Matt as I do, he'll most likely keep current/regular customers on the same (or very similar) pricing ;).
How many pieces does he have now, and how many does he need? :D

@MattW is a good guy and I'd trust him with any of my servers if I was incapacitated to the point I couldn't maintain them - even if he is one of those centoOS weirdos. :p

How many pieces does he have now, and how many does he need? :D

@MattW is a good guy and I'd trust him with any of my servers if I was incapacitated to the point I couldn't maintain them - even if he is one of those centoOS weirdos. :p
He seems to do fine on Debian / Ubuntu (that's what I was using). ;)

But yes, he is a little pro centos. :p

Debian isn't "that" bad, but prefer CentOS.
yum...yum...yum.. :p
I've been playing with it, but still really don't like it as well as Debian - but Deb is what I have gotten used to. I can find my way around a centOS box (well enough that I was able to fix a problem that a guys hosting company - managed VPS - couldn't figure out) but I much prefer working on a Debian one (not even crazy about Ubuntu). If I was doing it still for pay I'd get more involved in centOS and the other flavors - but that's the benefit of being retired. I still help people out often (sometimes to often) just for the fun of it... but it's getting where I'm getting a lot of requests for assistance and it's eating into MY time. :coffee:

@MattW also worked his magic very recently with All Pink Floyd Fan Network, when we switched hosts. I tried to do the migration myself at first, then asked the web host provider to do it, to no avail - everything broke up again and again, after several tries. Anyway, I was already in contact with Matt for server optimisation, so before I cancelled the new web host account (yeah, that's how desperate I was :eek:), I asked if he could do the whole thing: moving accounts between servers, setting up DNS records, and, of course, optimising the new VPS. Thankfully, he said yes. ;)

We had practically no downtime (only a few minutes of the boards being inactive and no problems with DNS changes, which I feared the most as I've had bad experiences in the past, with the site being down for days at a time as I adjusted things and finally got things right) and everything works like a charm!

As mentioned before by Adam, he wasn't satisfied until I was satisfied. I wholeheartedly recommend his services. Great guy, awesome communication, very efficient and professional, with tons of knowledge. Thanks again, Matt! (y)

Top Bottom