Technical Help! Bulk Files, urls and more.

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Righto going to throw this out here hopefully someone can help.

I have a large set of old files I need to re-upload for tomrow.

The problem being that due to how they were given to me, whilst internet explorer parses the pages correctly, any other browser does not and just shows the source rather than rendering it.

Each page is a static page, there is no dynamic linking or such.

They are saved in the format, generic.php@page=1 generic.php@page=2 generic.php@page=3 ect. Each page has a link to another generic page, this goes upto 63,000 files.

If I go and add .html onto the file name, so generic.php@page=1.html the other browsers will render the page. However by adding the .html it breaks the links the other pages show.

So, my options.

a) I need a way to mass rename all files to add .html onto the end, then mass edit all the files internally to link to the new .html page

I have a biterscript I used to edit some other stuff, however I have some problems making this work with wildcards.

b) a way to force the .html extention onto the page once it is requested. I tried through htaccess, however again I had problems. I could get it to rewrite it down to generic.html, but it would need to rewrite it to generic.php@page=1.html

The bitterscript is here.
Any suggestions?

var str list ; lf -n "*.php" "F:\Project_Files\test" > $list
while ( $list <> "")
do
var str file ; lex "1" $list > $file
var str content ; cat $file > $content
while ( { sen -c "^generic.php@page=*^" $content } > 0 )
sal "^generic.php@page=*^" "generic.php@page=*.html" $content > null
echo $content > { echo $file }
done

Top Bottom